Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Install logo on rotating header?

Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:02 AM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Instead of a title, I'd like to float a logo image over the grayed ends of the rotating header. Is this possible?

In ATO > Header Are > Header Image > Overlayed Blog Title/Tagline Style, I looked for a place to write in an image file, but didn't see one.

I'm a newbie, so give answers in plain English, please! Thx!
www.iguanapaint.com is my site.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 09:45 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are instructions for overlaying a logo over the header in the Gold Forum. To access you need to have donated at least $20.

Alternatively you can create multiple header images with logo and grayed ends. You just place the logo and grayed ends in the same position on each image. This is pretty straight forward in Photoshop or and image editor that allows for layers. When they rotate it will look like the header image is rotating and since the logo and grayed ends are the same you won't see the rotation for them.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 04:17 AM
aravere

56 posts · Sep 2010
rural Virginia, US
Thank you for the answer and solutions. I plan on donating, but wanted to see that I could get the site up and working (using Atahualpa) and also when I get my next paycheck. Would like to have access to the "golden" info and perks!