Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

HINT: moving your images out of the Atahualpa folder

Old Dec 22, 2010, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
As of Atahualpa version 3.7.12 this is now a theme option see: Atahualpa 3.7.12 - how to save your header images across updates

Note: Due to a wordpress requirement, as of 3.6 you need to fully qualify the path names.

Short Description: Put images in 'wp-content' so you don't have to move them during upgrades of the theme.

As of Atahualpa 3.4.7, you can use PHP in the CSS Inserts and several other options of Atahualpa. A great feature of this is to use one of the dynamic PHP functions - bloginfo('template_url') - to point at the template path. This will work no matter what you name the Atahualpa folder. This is perfect for referencing any of the included Atahualpa images. But what if you have a custom image?? Up to now, you had to put your image in the Atahualpa folder and them move it when you upgraded the theme.

The PHP function bloginfo() has some other options you can pass it and 'wpurl' is the one we want to use. It returns the url of the WordPress folder. By adding 'wp-contents' and a folder of your own to the path, you can use a folder of your own that is outside the theme folder.

Note this doesn't work for the header images...yet...

1) create a folder in the 'wp-content' folder called 'my-atahualpa-images'
3) put all your custom images in 'my-atahualpa-images'
4) reference your images with
HTML Code:
<?php bloginfo('wpurl'); ?>/wp-content/my-atahualpa-images/image1.jpg
So instead of
HTML Code:
div.widget ul li { background: url('<?php bloginfo('template_url'); ?>/images/myimage1.jpg') no-repeat 0 7px }
you would use
HTML Code:
div.widget ul li { background: url('<?php bloginfo('wpurl'); ?>/wp-content/my-atahualpa-images/myimage1.jpg') no-repeat 0 7px }
That's it. Now the next time you upgrade Atahualpa, you won't have to move the images or change the theme options to point at where the images are located.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 18, 2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 01:45 PM
Rational Design Studio

1 posts · Jul 2010
Southern California
Nice one, thanks. Hopefully the development of Atahualpa will make the site-specific content more modular to ease theme updates.
Old Oct 2, 2011, 01:13 AM
Malau

1 posts · Mar 2011
Hi Juggledad,

I could not open a New Thread as such would like to address my problem here and hopefully you can help me. Tried Support but still no reply after more than 1 week.

I am using Atahualpa 3.6.7 and 2 weeks or more a go, ALL Graphics that was supposed to be shown on my Wp-Content/Upload/2011 Folders were not displayed ALTHOUGH they are all still present.

See here: http://www.howtomakemoneywithacomputer.info

I tried so many times diagnosing the problem but still clueless.

Can you give me some pointers?

Greatly appreciate your help,

William Siong
Old Oct 2, 2011, 02:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This hint no longer works because WordPress required the developer to remove the code that allowed php in the options.

You will have to change the code and use the full path to the images

Also make sure you have the 3.6.7 patches applies - see the New Versions & Updates forum

Last edited by lmilesw; Jun 17, 2012 at 09:39 PM.