Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Questions: Wordpress updates, Mac OSX

Old Mar 22, 2011, 08:06 AM
talbin

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello! I am a very happy Atahualpa user, and am excited about the possibilities of Themeframe. My plan is to use TF for my clients - to offer them their own custom theme with each website design. However, I have a few specific questions.

1. How are Wordpress updates handled? For example, when Wordpress goes to 3.x, how is Themeframe updated? More importantly, how are TF updates handled by the end user? Do I - as the developer - have to updated the theme and then notify my clients, or will there be some sort of automatic update that clients can do themselves?

2. What is the current status of TF on Mac OSX? That's what I'm using, and if TF can't be run on a Mac right now, then I don't want to purchase it until it does. But I also want to get in on the $80 beta pricing. I looked at this thread, but the link in the thread to the explanation is to the private TF forum.

Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:44 AM
talbin

19 posts · Feb 2010
Hello? I'm really curious, and ready to buy, but would like to know. Thanks!
Old Mar 24, 2011, 04:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
ThemeFrame will be updated to handle any new features that become available in WP. Will they be there the day that a new WP release comes out...probably not, but it will be maintained.

As for the themes. The themes you create are your responsibility. You own them and if you have a customer that wants a change, you need to do it. If a new version of ThemeFrame comes out and you want to redo a theme for a customer, then it is your responsibility to get it to them.

Let's say ThemeFrame was a programming language, like BASIC for instance, and you wrote a program and gave it to a customer. Along comes a new release of Basic. If you felt there was a need to recompile the program for the user, then you need to do it.

You could think of it as a revenue opportunity. You sell the customer the theme and a contract to keep it updated (just an possibility)

2) users have ThemeFrame running on a MAC using Snow Lepoard
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:19 AM
talbin

19 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You could think of it as a revenue opportunity. You sell the customer the theme and a contract to keep it updated (just an possibility)
Great minds think alike.

And it's good to know about TF working on OSX Snow Leopard.

I'll be ordering either today or tomorrow. Thanks!