Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

How will updates be handled?

Old Apr 18, 2011, 07:03 AM
aam

14 posts · Apr 2011
How will updates be handled?

How do I know that the theme created TODAY using the TF is 100% compatible with the TODAY's version of WP? Are there any indicators that we can test to ensure compatibility?

Taking this thought ahead: If the WP version changes tomorrow, how will I know if the theme created TODAY will be compatible tomorrow as well? If it is not compatible, will I have to create the same theme from scratch, or I can tweak TODAY's theme by importing it in TF tomorrow to make it compatible with tomorrows changed version of WP? How will TF itself know what is the current/latest version of WP or where the incompatibilty lies in the previously created theme, so that we can confidently release the updates to the theme to remain compatible with the WP updates?

Your answers will be highly appreciated.

Regards

Aam
Old Apr 18, 2011, 09:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The author of ThemeFrame is committed to making sure the themes it creates will work with new versions of WordPress
Old Apr 18, 2011, 04:21 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
A new TF version will be released shortly after a new WP version. Shortly can mean a few weeks, unless the new WP version breaks existing themes, which is very unlikely. A new WP version usually doesn't break themes that worked for the previous WP version.

In most cases the upgrade of an existing theme should be a smooth process but if WP does rather huge changes, sometimes a little bit of legwork may be involved, i.e. you may have to do a few manual actions such as copying and pasting some code, on these rare occasions

Now and for the next few months there may be gaps between updates that have to be overcome with manual intervention because TF still changes and evolves a lot at this stage.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 11:24 PM
aam

14 posts · Apr 2011
Thank your for your responses, Flynn and Juggledad.

Flynn, I get the message that you are committed to ensure that these updates and upgrades issues are going to be handled as smoothly as possible, however, the actual process is still very obscure for me. I guess this process only needs to be experienced when due. Nonetheless, trusting you to do the best, have ordered TF a few minutes back.

I wish you the very best in your further endeavors with TF.