Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

author not showing after uprade to 1.2.2

Old Apr 8, 2014, 02:37 AM
filo

9 posts · Apr 2014
author not showing after uprade to 1.2.2

Hi, I have a few problems with the recent update.
After installing the update, the “author” isn’t showing anymore on the front end. I had previously customized the theme so that the footer (byline, date, category) would appear right below the page title, and it worked ok. Since I installed the update, “author” isn’t displayed anymore, while date and categories are fine.
Also, I set up infinite scroll on my home page, and as I scroll past the first page the main image of each post disappear.
Any idea on how should I proceed to fix these issues? Thank you!
Old Apr 8, 2014, 03:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the_author() works for me. Where exactly are you using it? What's the url showing the issue?
Please attach the montezuma 'Export' settings

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 11, 2014 at 08:53 AM.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:10 PM
filo

9 posts · Apr 2014
Hi,

Thank you for your quick reply. I'm using montezuma on my website at www.atlantidezine.it.
On every article (e.g. http://www.atlantidezine.it/frida-ka...quirinale.html) the footer is still showing up right below the main title, as per my previous customization, but it missing the author, which was instead displayed correctly before the update:

Pubblicato il 7 apr 2014 da [MISSING AUTHOR] in Arti visive · mostre

Please find attached the txt with the export settings (hopefully I used the right encoding!).

Thank you for your help!
Attached Files
File Type: txt montezuma-export.txt (148.2 KB, 1872 views)
Old Apr 10, 2014, 07:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's a good thing you atached the export. It is not 'the_author()' that is not working, it is 'the_author_posts_link()' that is not working.

I'll take a look at it tomorrow if I have some time.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 08:40 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Just to let you know
1) I've moved tis to a new thread and
2) I went back and tested each release back to Montezuma 1.1.2 and 'the_author_posts_link()' has never worked.

Last edited by lmilesw; Apr 11, 2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 05:03 AM
filo

9 posts · Apr 2014
sorry if I keep posting here, I don't seem to find the new thread!

Honestly I don't really know php so I can't say... But I can tell you that in the front end the name of the author (and the link to all his/her articles) was working fine before. It worked in its original configuration (footer at the end of the post) and it worked fine also after my customization (moving the footer below the post title).