Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Flickr widget vanished

Old Oct 16, 2011, 03:49 PM
LisaRealisa

3 posts · Oct 2011
Florida
Flickr widget vanished

My Flickr sidebar widget vanished with the upgrade to 3.7.1. Any clues/keys or solutions for Flickr. I use a Picasa widget on one sidebar and HAD a Flicr widget on the other. I want both again. Help!

www.realisa.org
Old Oct 16, 2011, 04:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Hard to tell what happened. You may want to look in your inactive widgets to see if the Flickr widget is there or if not there just put it back in the sidebar.
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:53 PM
LisaRealisa

3 posts · Oct 2011
Florida
The Flickr widget no longer exists on the widget menu. The Shashin widgets are there. The Picasa widget is there and I use it. But I want to link to my Flickr account AND my Picasa albums. But there is NO Flickr widget. With the upgrade it vanished. Seriously. Any suggestions?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Does the plugin still exist?
Is it active?
Old Oct 19, 2011, 06:27 PM
LisaRealisa

3 posts · Oct 2011
Florida
.....Juggledad....I think that is what I am asking. The Flickr widget ONCE existed. It was once a plugin/widget I added to my ATO and used until I upgraded. My upgrade was a HUGE jump in versions. And now.....there is no more Flickr widget on my widget menu (like were the cloud widget and tag and shashin widget, etc) all reside. It vanished. And I cannot find ANYWHERE I can download this Flickr widget. I have no recall as to where I found it in the first place. And so I am asking......anyone....everyone....does such a creature exist for the latest version of Atahualpa? Does anyone else use a Flickr widget and WHERE did they find it and how to I get it ADDED to my widget menu.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 01:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The theme update does not touch plugins. It can't delete a plugin from the plugin section of wordpress.

Now if you had defined a new widget area, it's possible the widget area is gone because of the wordpress requirement that no theme use the php function eval(). However you should be able to add it back in in index.php

What version did you upgrade from? You could manually reinstall that version (see the Update FAQ) and have both versions installed so you could swap back and forth.