Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to add code to head of single page/post?

Old Apr 11, 2012, 01:57 AM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
How to add code to head of single page/post?

I've been trying to add coding between the <head> and </head> of a single page or post, but I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone help me please?
Thank you
Yoni
Old Apr 11, 2012, 02:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What are you trying to add?
You may have to edit header.php and put it there
Old Apr 11, 2012, 03:10 AM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
On one page I want to add some JavaScript that I need for a converter that I will have on the page. If I try putting the script in the page (post) itself, it disappears after I move from "html" view to "Visual" view, and back again. I'd rather have it in the head anyhow.
On another page, I need to add css for just that page (mapping a photo). I know that the css can probably be added in the HTML/CSS Inserts, but being a newbie to all this, I don't exactly know how.
Thanks
Old Apr 11, 2012, 04:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you are going to have to edit the theme code for the first page. You need to edit header.php and just after line 42 (version 3..3) which is
HTML Code:
<?php wp_head(); ?>
you will add something like
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_page(35)) {.......}; ?>
as for the css, yes put it in the 'CSS Inserts' option, just prefix the CSS selector with 'body.page-id-35' substituting what the page ID is in place ofthe 35.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 08:14 AM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
Thanks. I'll try my hand at this and let you know if I get it right.
Old Apr 11, 2012, 11:36 PM
megavolt

17 posts · Mar 2012
I tried putting the JavaScript in the header.php. At first it didn't work, but my son happen to be visiting at the same time. He played around with it a bit, added something, and got it to work. Thanks.

Now there is a very strange thing happening. After I save the post itself, with the form, Wordpress adds <br /> on every line all by itself. This messes up my whole page. I tried encasing my code with <div>, <p>, and whatever else I could think of, but it doesn't help. I even tried putting it in a table (not that I actually thought it would help - more out of desperation), but still nothing. Is there anything I can do about this, short of disabling wpautop? I am using Wordpress 3.3.1.
Thanks