Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Is it possible to load header images one by one?

Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:33 PM
travelbaila

10 posts · Dec 2012
Cali (Colombia) / Nuoro (Italy)
Send a message via Skype™ to travelbaila
Hello,
on my header I have 50 images (ok, maybe they are too much, but before I started with more than 90 images... and now I had to delete the half) and I made many tests (also with seo tools). I can see that the theme start to load the 50 images ALL TOGETHER, at the same time, when somebody open for the FIRST time my blog. After the first time, everything is saved on the cache of the browser, so the navigation is faster, but the problem is the first time somebody open my site (for example, the new visitors).

Is there a way to make the load of the headrer pics one by one and not all together opening the site?

I hope the problem is clear, thanks for any help.

My website with your beautiful theme:
www.travelbaila.it

Best regards,
Pietro

Last edited by travelbaila; Jan 16, 2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: wrong object
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:43 PM
travelbaila

10 posts · Dec 2012
I forgot to say...
In the header I have 50 images but all very optimized, the size of all is about 3 mb.

The load time of the theme (scripts) is fast, the slow part is only the load time of the (very much) images....
Old Jan 16, 2013, 02:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well part of the load time is transfering 3 meg that is going to take some time no matter what.

have you tried setting 'Preload header images for Javascript rotation?' to no?

and 50 images is still a lot of images for the header....
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:05 AM
travelbaila

10 posts · Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
have you tried setting 'Preload header images for Javascript rotation?' to no?
Yes, it's setted on "NO" as the explication in the theme suggests. By the way the theme preloads all the images before to start to slide them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
and 50 images is still a lot of images for the header....
Yes, you are right.
Ok, I will delete other pictures

One thing I just noted in the same Header Area Settings!
The option "Make header image clickable?" is on YES, but actually it's clickable ONLY when I am on the homepage, when i go to read other articles, it's not clickable anymore.

Is it normal that?
(Maybe I have to open other post....)

Thanks JD!