Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[...] after excerpts not working?

Old Nov 20, 2009, 01:15 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
My ellipses after my excerpts have stopped working. I'm pretty sure that they were working fine until I tried to customize them and then I thought that broke them so I reset the whole excerpt configuration page back to default (because typing the ellipses back in didn't work either) but still no dice.

I've tried disabling all of my plugins and that didn't solve the problem either.

I am using the latest versions of WP and Atahualpa. http://coloradoanimalwelfare.org/

Thank you for any help!

Beth
Old Nov 20, 2009, 07:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
by
Quote:
My ellipses after my excerpts have stopped working.
what do you mean. If you are using the automatic excerpts and are refering to the 'Custom read more' - there is nothing it does, it's just a couple brackets and the three dots.

If you want it to link to something, you need to put in the html for the link. Take a look at the documentation on the option
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:47 AM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Perhaps I'm confused then - I swore I had clicked on it before and it took me to the post. Perhaps I was wrong. Sorry about that!
Old Nov 21, 2009, 09:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if you change the 'custom read more' to
HTML Code:
<p>[...] <a href="%permalink%">%title%</a></p>
it should work for you