Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

color coded category titles

Old May 7, 2010, 03:23 PM
nerdydog

2 posts · May 2010
Hello,

total noob in the css area, so pardon in advance if this question is laughable. One of the reasons i am using atahualpa is that its super easy and can be customized by a css dummy like me.

I am looking to make 8 categories on my blog, and I would love for the titles of each category to each be a different color, and ideally, have each blog post title match its category menu title. Is this possible to do? If so how would I go about doing this?

thanks

Joe
Old May 10, 2010, 06:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes this is doable via CSS, but remember a post can be in mutiple categories so the last category mentioned in the CSS Insert will be dominant. Here is a samle of what you would put in the ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts - this first part will take care of the post titles
HTML Code:
.category-announcements .post-headline h1,
.category-announcements .post-headline h2 a {color:red !important;}
.category-events .post-headline h1,
.category-events .post-headline h2 a {color: blue !important;}
.category-frogs .post-headline h1,
.category-frogs .post-headline h2 a {color: green !important;}
this second part will take care of teh category names in the category widget. You will have to match the item number with the correct category. The easy way to figure it out is to add the category widget to your page, view the page then look at the soruce of the page.
HTML Code:
.cat-item-3 a {color:red !important;}
.cat-item-35 a {color: blue !important;}
.cat-item-7 a {color: green !important;}
You can use this as a guide for the post footers
HTML Code:
.category-announcements .post-footer a,
.category-announcements .post-footer  {color:red !important;}
.category-events .post-footer  a,
.category-events .post-footer  {color: blue !important;}
.category-frogs .post-footer a,
.category-frogs .post-footer  {color: green !important;}
Old May 10, 2010, 08:26 AM
nerdydog

2 posts · May 2010
Thanks for the help! I will give this a try. thanks.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 09:30 AM
Flukey

5 posts · Apr 2009
Hi

Thanks for this help have been looking for something like this for ages!

I am having a headache getting the a:active to be recognised, it is always overridden by the ATO category bar settings? I have been using this code below and the a:hover command works but not the a:active. Any Ideas?

HTML Code:
.cat-item-3 a:hover {
	color: #ffffff !important;
	background: #5CFFAD !important;
}

.cat-item-3 a:active {
	background: #5CFFAD !important;
}

.cat-item-4 a:hover {
	background-color: blue !important;
}

.cat-item-4 a:active {
	background-color: blue !important;
}
I get the feeling it is something to do with current-cat but I cant get there... please help.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
where are you putting this?
What is the url?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 01:37 AM
Flukey

5 posts · Apr 2009
im on Atahualpa 3.4.9
wordpress 3.0