Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Simple:Press Forum & Atahualpa 3

Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:26 AM
Scyanide

2 posts · Feb 2009
So, I have Simple:Press Forum installed and just recently came across Atahualpa. As I was customizing the theme, I realized that the forum was looking a little strange. The various headers within the forum were not colored correctly based on the forum's theme. I did a little investigation and narrowed the issue down to Atahualpa's style for tables. It seems Atahualpa's table style is bleeding into Simple:Press' theme styles.

I've been trying to find a good workaround for this and thought of the idea of editing Atahualpa's source so as to not include its style within the forum's page. As I'm fairly new to the WordPress API as well as the Atahualpa theme, I'm having a little trouble accomplishing this task.

So, I was wondering if someone could help me a bit here. Where should I look or where is it located within Atahualpa's source that pages are loaded? Any good hints towards some of the WordPress API that could help make this task easier? I'm pretty sure there is a way to exclude pages. I was thinking that maybe something as simple as an IF statement that would check if the page being loaded is the forum page or not. If so, just skip a good deal of the page loading within Atahualpa and if not, then continue on like usual. Would something like this work?

Also, I did find this: wp_list_pages('exclude=17,38' ); for the WordPress API but unable to find wp_list_pages called, if it is even called, within Atahualpa. I thought maybe I could exclude the forum's page id and be done with it. Assuming this doesn't affect, say the menu bar's page lists.

Sorry if my thoughts of fixing this minor issue are not fully clear. I'll be more than happy to answer any questions that arise. Thank you all for your time.

EDIT: Doing a bit more searching on this forum, I *think* the area I'm looking for might be lines 122-137 of index.php. Am I close?

Last edited by Scyanide; Feb 27, 2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Give updates as I find them
Old Feb 27, 2009, 03:19 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If these are just visual CSS isues it would be best to add additonal styles through HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts and add !important to make sure they get applied.

To do this, you'd first have to find the ID's or classes of the HTML elements that you want to style differently. Look into the source code of the browser-rendered page, or use Firebug.

If those elements don't have an ID or class, address them through a parent container that does have an ID or class.

Then add a CSS insert such as

With an ID directly on the tag (to be preferred because more likely to overwrite)
HTML Code:
some-html-tag#id-name {
property: value !important;
}
or with class because tag has no ID
HTML Code:
some-html-tag.class-name {
}
or, addressing it through the parent which has an ID
HTML Code:
some-parent-tag#id-name some-html-tag {
}
or through parent which has a class
HTML Code:
some-parent-tag.class-name some-html-tag {
}
some-parent-tag and some-html-tag can be almost anything
table, p, span, div, td, h2 ...
Old Feb 27, 2009, 10:27 PM
Scyanide

2 posts · Feb 2009
Hey, just wanted to say thank you for the tips! I actually completely forgot about the section of theme options where you can add additional CSS and I got it all to work perfectly! Thanks again!
Old Jan 9, 2011, 09:44 AM
Publinaut

21 posts · Dec 2010
I ran into the same situation. The tables settings (for newbies, one of the many first-level items in the main outline of options in Atahualpa) has a "table cell" section which contains a css "background color" property. When I removed this css property, the problem went away. Nice feature.

WP 3.0.4
AT 3.5.3
SPF 4.3.5