Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Upgrade & Fear

Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:41 PM
mnl

27 posts · Mar 2010
Upgrade & Fear

Hi. I'm looking for some guidance on how I can upgrade and not break my site and put my client out of business. Here's where I am: I am using ata 3.5.3 on WP 3.1.

To allow different sidebars on various pages, I used the Shiba Widgets plugin and the plugin isn't working anymore. When I try to manage the widgets, I get this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function tag_rows() in /home/content/a/b/e/abekurek/html/wp-content/plugins/shiba-widgets/shiba-edit-widgets.php on line 212". Of course I've contacted the plugin author but got no help.

I know I can just apply the ATA and WP upgrades and do my best to rebuild the site but here's my issue: because I can't see the widget content in the admin panel, I will have to build all the sidebars from scratch. And that will put my client out of business while I'm scrambling to rebuild.

Can any of you smart people recommend a path for me to recover the 'hidden' widget content for my client and bring his site up to speed? Here's the URL: http://abetheinspector.com

Thank you!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 03:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What did you change that started causing the error?

First thing to do is backup your database and wp-contents folder so you could get back to where you are now. You can backup the database with phpMyAdmin.

Take a look at the FAQ forum on updating and it explains how to manually update the theme so you can swap back and forth.

Have you tried just disabling that plugin?

To have different widgets display on different pages check out 'widget logic'

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 22, 2011 at 03:57 PM.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 04:13 PM
mnl

27 posts · Mar 2010
Hi Juggledad. It's been a while since I've been here... it's nice to see you back (that's how long it's been!) Hopre you're ok.

I'm not sure what caused the widget to break...I upgraded WP, probably, and everything worked great on the site so I didn't give it another thought. It's only when I tried to add a widget a few months later did i discover my problem.

I'm afraid to disable the plugin because I don't want to lose the content in those widgets...there's a lot there!

I've backed up the site so I'm slightly calm but the prospects of an all nighter to rebuild the site if I break it are pfffft.

I might upgrade everything to the latest version and see if that makes it work.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 05:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you upgrade the Shiba Widgets plugin to 1.4?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:51 PM
mnl

27 posts · Mar 2010
Hi Larry. I did consider updating the plugin but I'm a little concerned that upgrading will make the sidebars on the website disappear. In your opinion, is that likely? Right now, the admin panel is broken and I can't add the functions to the site that the client needs but, at least, the site is working.

if i decide to try to upgrade, i'll likely do it during daylight so i dont have to pull an all nighter getting the site back up, should it break.

thanks!
Old Jun 22, 2011, 09:57 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I wouldn't want to say it is or isn't likely as I have not had experience with that plugin in awhile. I did just install it to see if it installed OK and it did. I wouldn't expect problems with an upgrade and I always keep my site up to date as there can be issues with older plugins. If you are concerned just make notes of what you have in the various sidebars and pray before you upgrade.