Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

page template without sidebars

Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:19 PM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
================================================== =====
= see also 'HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template)'
= in the Gold Forum Tutorials
================================================== =====

I searched and found a topic with a solutions, but it does not work. Is this because I am running a newer version of atahualpa then the july2009 one?

See this topic, i want exactly the same, a template without visible sidebars:
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8716

Is there a solution for me? Ata: 3.6.1 WP: 3.0.4

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 18, 2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 12:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There was a change since that thread was written. There is now a 'HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template)' in the Gold Forum Tutorials that works.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The reason for the template is so a user can pick the page it applies to while editing the page. It eliminates the need to lookup the page ID which is useful to some users.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 03:29 AM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Thank you for the answers, but I can not acces the Gold forum, (you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons

Can you share the info any other way?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 04:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The gold forum is available to members who have donated $20 or more
Old Mar 21, 2011, 05:40 AM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
so does that mean i can't see the fix unless i pay?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 05:42 AM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB
should work fine on Ata 3.6.1 / wp 3.0.4

people reading your question cannot know what "it" means or what "not work" means.

best describe what you did, and which result you get, see also here
and to answer your question, if i use the code as in the opening-post i get only the header, no sidebars, no content(post/page not showing) and no footer.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 06:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The Gold Forum has some HOW TO's, templates and other information that has been put together to reward people who support the hundreds of hours of time it took to develop of this great theme and it's ongoing support.

If you don't want to donate at least you know that what you want to do is possible so you can dig into the code and figure out yourself
Old Mar 22, 2011, 07:18 AM
egjweb

15 posts · Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by STB
okay, but did you read post #4 above?

no need for any code
Yes I did and I know I can disable the sidebars for specific types (categories or page-pages) but its like this:

Users will generate a page themselves and modify minor details in the page edit field like select parent page and select page template(without sidebar).

If i use Ata's options, i will have no sidebar on all page-pages, or i have to enter the page-id. Now entering page-id is no problem for me, but it is for the users, they will need to know how to find the page ID and where to place the page ID in Ata, and not erase previosly entered page id's. Alot of work and a lot of chances something goes wrong,

If a user just selects No Sidebar template for their page, its much easier for the user.