Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Pre-loaded Dual Rollover Link Images

Old Apr 3, 2010, 01:18 PM
OldMan1

12 posts · Apr 2010
I’ve had my blog for a few years now and I am changing my theme from a Cutline theme. After searching around for a new one I found Atahualpa346, so I’m doing a “test drive” with it on my localhost. I am really liking it thus far, and although I have a lot of experience customizing past themes, there is one problem I am currently having. And that is putting pre-loaded dual rollover link images in my sidebars. I’ve search around here and found parts and pieces to the problem, but nothing that has helped. My problem is I’m not sure where to start and what to do. I had that well covered in the other themes by using an ID in the widget linking to code in my stylesheet. I’m sure I have to put some code in the css (or someplace), then ID the sidebar widget with code to follow orders. Can anyone direct me to the starting point?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 02:49 PM
OldMan1

12 posts · Apr 2010
For any other newbies to the Atahualpa theme, I thought I file this follow-up. I found the place to do this. The big problem was not being familiar enough with the theme. It suddenly occurred to me that the theme options was basically the same as Wordpress' .custom file. So for anyone looking for this answer, you put the code for the images, as well as a lot of other codes, under the "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" main tab in the "CSS Inserts" box. After realizing this, it all made sense.

PS: When writing the route for the images, Atahualpa requires an absolute route rather than a short code; example: "background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa346/images/myimage.gif)". If that doesn't work, put your site name in front of "/wp-content". But if you want to not worry with replacing the images if you change themes, you can just place a folder in your "wp-content" folder and use the route to it. That way the images will always be available for any theme you use.

Last edited by OldMan1; Apr 8, 2010 at 03:09 PM.