Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Trying to use CCS to make Atahualpa Smart Phone Friendly

Old Apr 19, 2014, 09:11 PM
Megan1967

18 posts · Jan 2012
Hi,

I'm trying to change the layout of my webpage with media queries in the css inserts section. I'm having some luck, but have had no end of problems with the %pages menu. I think I have it styled correctly, but the whole menu doesn't show, just the top of the first button.

You have to look at it on a smart phone to see the actual display, the web simulators don't seem to work.

The url is http://badgerkc.meganstestsite.com

Code:
@media only screen and (min-device-width : 320px) and (max-device-width : 500px) {
html{background:url(none); background-color:#7b0100;}

body{}
div#slider div#rev-slider-widget-3{display:none; }

table#layout tr#bodyrow td#middle{background-color:#FFFFFe;}

div#widget_sp_image-4{display:none;}

tr td#header{background:url(none); background-color:#501249;}

table#layout tr td#header div#slider {
background-position:center top;
height:150px;
width:100%;
background-image: url(http://badgerkc.meganstestsite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/WebBannerSmall3.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
}

div#slider div#text-59{color:#000000;}
div#text-59{margin-top:165px; clear:both;}

div#text-59 div.textwidget div {font-size: 2em; font-weight:normal; width:100%;}
div#text-59 div.textwidget div p{padding:20px 10px 10px 10px; width:800px;}

div#menu1{
margin-bottom:30px;
height:1000px;
overflow:visible;
}
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2{
    width: 100%;
    margin:0;padding:0; /* CSS Reset */
    max-width: 1000px; /* restrict the width */
    margin: auto; 
    margin-bottom:30px;
}

div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li{
    width: 100%;
    list-style-type: none; /* remove the dots */
    display:inline-block; /* IMPORTANT */
}
div#menu1 ul#rmenu2 li a{
color:#FFFFFe; 
display:block; 
margin:15px; 
padding:12px; 
border:1px solid #FFFFFe;
-moz-border-radius:12px;
-web-border-radius:12px;
border-radius:12px;
height:1000px;
background-color:#0D0428;
width:100%;
}

} 

/* end media queries */
Old Apr 20, 2014, 03:31 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you really want the height of menu1 to be 1000px? (youhave that in two places

BTY Atahualpa was not designed as a responsive theme…maybe someday
Old Apr 20, 2014, 07:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are also some responsive menu plugins. One I have used is UberMenu at CodeCanyon. You could also do a search for "responsive menu" at wordpress.org and test out some of those.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:21 PM
markmathew

1 posts · Apr 2014
I have used for the UberMenu at CodeCanyon. I have also tried for WP Responsive Slider With Lightbox and worked really well.

Website builder or Wordpress

Last edited by markmathew; Apr 24, 2014 at 06:26 AM.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 12:09 PM
teal

11 posts · Apr 2012
North Carolina, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
did you really want the height of menu1 to be 1000px? (youhave that in two places

BTY Atahualpa was not designed as a responsive theme…maybe someday

When I first found the Atahualpa theme it was one of the few at that time that said it was responsive. Every site I've built with this theme shows up as a mini version in smartphone and on tablets. The menu is not resized completely, but will show up as 2 rows instead of a single row. Is this not responsive? I'm very confused now!
Old Jul 2, 2014, 02:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In all the time I've used it and been moderating the forum, I've seen lots of requests asking if it would become responsive, but never that is was responsive
Old Jul 31, 2014, 11:21 AM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
Not sure if this helps, but I use WP Touch plugin and I like it. You can add what pages you want, you can do custom icons or add icons from a number of different collections. You can select colours.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 02:28 PM
Jerry_Q4d

22 posts · Apr 2014
Depending on what you want to do, youll find a lot of info here about ways to make Atahualpa very useful on mobile. Ive been running my site for 5 years now and for a time I had WP-Touch active; however I switched it off and began to adapt things manually a year ago. For example, you can adjust text sizes and action elements and so on. This is not only a technical matter, it is also a matter of taste and what you think works for you...