Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

plugin that shows a mobile-friendly version Atahualpa site

Old Jul 10, 2013, 01:27 AM
Carme

60 posts · May 2012
Brighton
Send a message via Skype™ to Carme
Hi,
I need to convert a couple of sites I have done in Atahualpa into mobile-friendly sites.

there is any plugin you can suggest me to use?

Any suggestion will be appreciated
thanks

Carme
Old Jul 10, 2013, 02:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used the the JetPack mobile option and there are some other plugins that MAY work to some extent but you probably won't get both sidebars if enabled. I think I was able to get the right sidebar to show with one I tried however. I don't remember which one but perhaps it was the JetPack module.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:10 AM
marietom

1 posts · Jun 2011
Lens-Hénin-Carvin -- FRANCE
And what about WP Touch Pro?
I used it on several sites with different themes. Not tried yet with Atahualpa but seems to me it should work
Old Jul 15, 2013, 06:42 AM
zingo5

92 posts · Sep 2011
I used the basic form of WP touch, maybe too aggressive in removing things.

I wonder whether anyone would be interested in collaborating on a thread to build a basic responsive css insert that people can modify to their own use.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:45 AM
Ber|Art

198 posts · Oct 2009
Europe (NL) ber-art.nl Windows 7x64 WP 3.x Atahualpa 3.7.x
Send a message via Skype™ to Ber|Art
A responsive CSS insert would be great, is this even possible?
Old Sep 30, 2013, 02:10 PM
tbaxter

92 posts · May 2012
Germantown, MD
I've tried WP Touch and it doesn't do anything on one site, and the second site I get a message that says there are too many redirects (whatever that means).

I, too, am looking for a good solution to this.
Old Oct 3, 2013, 06:39 PM
SharonJ

644 posts · Sep 2010
Duncan BC Canada
I have used Wiziapp with some success
Old Feb 17, 2014, 04:18 PM
toff

5 posts · Feb 2014
I've used Device Switcher before. It allows you to switch between 2 different themes based upon the device. My problem with this so far is that I want to use Atahualpa twice and I haven't figured out how to have 2 totally different atahualpa themes on the same wordpress installation (they currently pull from the same database entries).

If someone knows how to separate the theme in the database, it would allow me to create a completely custom look and feel for mobile (ata, ata-mobile). I'm honestly looking to sit down with a client and go over what they REALLY expect mobile users to want instead of squeezing down the existing theme. By having 2 themes, I can cut things like sliders and rearrange sidebars and even change out how the website flows based upon how they are viewing.

Anyone know how install Atahualpa twice in the database?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 05:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You would have to make a copy of the theme and then change the id of the database row that is stored in the database.
Old Feb 17, 2014, 06:32 PM
toff

5 posts · Feb 2014
I just took a look and it seems like 'bfa_ata4' is the only database row in wp_options specifically for bfa settings. I also noticed that functions.php references 'bfa_ata4' multiple times.

Is the functions.php the only place that this would be referenced or is it in multiple files?

so, in theory:
1. export atahualpa settings
2. change wordpress theme to something else (temporarily)
3. change wp_options options_name from bfa_ata4 to bfa_ata_whatever4
4. change atahualpa folder name to atahualpa_whatever
5. install new atahualpa theme
6. enjoy using atahualpa twice

does this sound about right?
Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sounds about right - make sure to test it on a 'play' site
Old May 3, 2014, 07:17 PM
toff

5 posts · Feb 2014
ok, so it wasn't just one file. more like 8 files. I changed the bfa_ata4 references in all 8 files (including the style.css where I renamed the theme to atahualpa-mobile). If I had been really thinking ahead, I wouldn't have changed it to bfa_ata5, but instead used something the original developer would not use in the future (hindsight is great, eh?).

Once I changed everything over to the new atahualpa-mobile, and then changed the database entry from bfa_ata4 to bfa_ata5, I now had a working theme with a different name and a different database entry.

Next step was to simply download a new atahualpa theme like normal and activate. the new bfa_ata4 was created and all went well.

Once I tweaked the mobile version, I used the Device Switcher plugin and pointed the desktop version to atahualpa and the mobile version to atahualpa-mobile.

no, I can't upgrade the mobile version, but for now, this lets me use the same theme and truly customize it for two different screen sizes.

I'm definitely a big fan of Atahualpa, so once I got spoiled using it, it was hard to switch to a different theme. Now, I don't have to!