Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Marketplace » Customization, Design, Programming... »

Internet Explorer 7 (and 6 if possible) fix.

Old Mar 6, 2011, 09:20 AM
nayarain

2 posts · Jun 2010
Internet Explorer 7 (and 6 if possible) fix.

I would love a fix for ie 7, and it would be a total bonus if we could fix ie6 too. Here's the details:

Version: Atahualpa 3.6.4
Site:
http://www.beyondgracethemovie.com
WP Version: 3.1
Here are screenshots of what Im seeing in ie:
http://crossbrowsertesting.com/users...73b0222/public

The code I'm using to style the logo is:
Code:
Code:

#logo {
    background: url("http://www.beyondgracethemovie.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa364/images/bg_newlogo.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 430px;
    margin-left: -95px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 142px;
    width: 10%;
    z-index: 9999;
}
I'm aware that this could be totally wrong. Any thoughts on how I might fix this? I am happy to provide a admin login if necessary.

The site looks beautiful on Firefox, Chrome, Safari & IE 8, but the logo isn't displaying correctly (like it does on the other browsers) in ie 6 and 7. Wondering if any of the Ata Geniuses can help me out with this? Please quote me a price for the fix.

ps. I already tried the "ATO>Style and configure Layout turn on IE7 emulation." fix.

Thanks for looking!!!
Old Mar 6, 2011, 01:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It is probably those negative margins. Have you considered adding the logo as part of the background image. I know it wouldn't be hyperlinked but maybe that is a reasonable trade off. Also you MIGHT be able to add it to a left sidebar widget and do some creative styling to the header to make it transparent on the left or perhaps change the width.