Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Issue with generated names of custom widgets

Old Jan 29, 2012, 09:27 AM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
Issue with generated names of custom widgets

Hi,

Something weird is going on with the names of my custom widgets (generated by the before_widget and after_widget code).

I have two custom widget areas in my header. Here is the code that I used to create them:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header&cells=2&align_1=9&align_2=3&width_1=250&widget_2=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
And here are the names that are being generated:
Code:
<div id="\"text-4\"" class="\"header-widget" widget_text\"="">
What is up with the weird slashes before and after the widget names? I have been unable to get any css styling to work using div#\"text-4\" or div#text-4.

Have I done something wrong in the code I used to create the widgets?

Thanks!
Old Jan 29, 2012, 11:24 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the url? it works fine for me, here is the result from the code copied and pasted
HTML Code:
<div id="text-79" class="header-widget widget_text"><div class="widget-title"><h3>title</h3></div>			<div class="textwidget">blah blah</div>
		</div>
Old Feb 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
crashley1784

81 posts · May 2009
The url for the site (currently) is www.laurenacooper.com/AFAR
Old Feb 1, 2012, 05:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
go to ato->export/import settings and export your settings, then attach them to a reply.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:08 AM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
I have the exact same problem! But what is weird, this was fine before when I set it all up about a month or 2 ago. But I noticed the other day some of the styling in my header widgets wasn't working anymore. Upon investigating with firebug, I saw the crazy code. I have a test blog where I try things out, and noticed it's the same there--and I hardly have even plugins on that. It's only in the header widgets. And if I delete the custom header widgets & make new ones, it's the same problem.

Here's my URL:
http://www.TraciBunkers.com/blog

Here's an example:
Code:
<td id="bottom_header_widget_area_3" align="right" valign="top"><div id=\"text-26\" class=\"bottom header widget area widget_text\">
note: even though it's called bottom_header_widget, it's at the top.
Old Feb 20, 2012, 11:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
have you added any new plugins?
what happens if you disable ALL plugins?

I notice the first backslash shows up in this script
HTML Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>
/* <![CDATA[ */
var mailchimpSF = {"ajax_url":"http:\/\/www.tracibunkers.com\/blog\/"};
/* ]]> */
</script>
try switching to twenty-ten and look at the source of a page and find that script. Is there a backslash? (trying to determine if it is a theme issue or not.)