Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Blog Home Page and Blog Archive Not Accepting Specified Menu

Old Jul 30, 2010, 09:42 AM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
WP 3.0.1; ATA 3.5.3; Mac OS X 10.6.4; Firefox 3.6.9
Hoping you can help. My site is http://muzzmarketing.com. I have set up a right sidebar widget for my blog and post home pages (using Shiba's Custom Widgets plugin). I have specified this custom widget for both pages. The widget includes "Recent Posts," "Categories," "Blog Archive" and "Meta Data." The widget shows up fine on the Posts home page, however, it is not showing up on my Blog home page (http://muzzmarketing.com/blog). The blog sidebar includes "Recent Posts," "Blogroll," and "Meta." This appears to be a default sidebar, and my custom widget is not overriding it? How do I get the Blog home page to include the Blog widget? Thank you!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:24 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I liked the idea of the plugin you were talking about and installed in a site and boom it took out all the widgets I had in place so I would guess there is something "fishy" about it. I will have to check this further. Have you tried the WordPress Custom Widget plugin?
Old Jul 30, 2010, 02:49 PM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Larry. No I haven't tried it but am certainly willing to. I have done so much with the Shiba plugin, though. What will happen if I install another plugin with the same functionality? I fear it will wipe out all of my widgets like it did for you, and just can't afford to have that happen right now!
Old Jul 30, 2010, 04:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I know what you mean. After that happened to me after rebuilding I copied all the widget content into a text file just in case. Sometime when I'm feeling adventurous I will try Shiba again to see if it was a fluke. I am now testing My Custom Widgets. Somehow it doesn't seem as iffy as Shiba but it's only a feeling. It very well could have been the combo of custom widget plugins.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 05:22 PM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
This is the first site I've worked on using WP and basically have no knowledge of HTML or CSS (learning, though!) That's the beauty of Shiba -- very limited coding. I looked at the My Custom Widgets and it appears you need a little more programming experience.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:32 PM
c12281

120 posts · Jul 2010
I worked directly with the developer and he solved my problem. Thanks for your help, though...