Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Creating a form

Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:52 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
I've been having a tough time creating a form. I tried to follow instructions from a previous post (I'm listing them below) but something keeps going wrong. I downloaded a form from Truth Media Internet Group. It appeared on my plugin page and I activated it, but all that changed is at the bottom of the admin views for each page there's a line that says "formbuilder" and inside that it reads: "Error: Unable to load field details from table. [SHOW FIELDS FROM `wp_formbuilder_forms`]"

I don't know what's going on. I'm also confused about how I will eventually be able to use the form on just one page and how I will communicate that. The form I'm envisioning is more complicated than a contact form (as in, 12 questions). Will any old form plugin I find online work or do I need to find something more specific?

I've gotten a lot of great help here and finally donated the other day. Thanks again for any help anybody out there is able to offer!

Here's what I got from the previous post:

You can insert them manually but usually you'd use a form plugin for that because that's easier. For instance

Contact Form 7
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7/

Cforms II
http://www.deliciousdays.com/cforms-plugin

Here's a selection of more form plugins
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/tags/form

To install a plugin, see the instructions in a README.txt file or something similar inside the plugin files that you downloaded. Usually you'd upload either a single file xxxxxx.php or a while directory /xxxxxxx/ to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory on your web hosting account, then activate that plugin at Site Admin -> Plugins

Atahualpa Theme Options -> Forms is just for (visually) styling form elements, not for creating forms. A plugin might have it's own styling setting on its own settings page.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:46 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I just installed the Form Builder plugin and created a form. Then I created a new Page, and looked below the editing pane. There is a drop-down box with the name of the new form I created. I chose that one. Nothing showed up in the editing pane at all. I clicked on Preview, and there was the form. It actually worked!

I'm not sure what your problem is, but are you seeing the drop-down list? There is no mention of this in the area where you create the form.

Last edited by paulae; Apr 6, 2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:01 AM
d_random

51 posts · Apr 2009
Kitty-

Do you have an example of what kind of form you are trying to make?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:48 PM
rachkitty

13 posts · Mar 2009
I'm trying to make a form that has a bunch of open-ended questions that people answer... I haven't been able to find an available form online that mimics what I'm looking for. I'm also kind of confused because whenever I find a form plugin that's available for downloading, the page advertising it never seems to offer an image of what the form will look like.

And since I didn't get that drop down menu, maybe that's a large part of my problem. I'll search for another one somewhere!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 05:07 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Form Builder will let you build that kind of form. You'll get the drop-down list if you install it right. You either install it right or not; if you get to the point where you're told the plugin is activated, then it's there. You'll see Form Builder in the left column under Tools. Create a form, and next time you create a new post or edit one, the drop-down list will be there under the editing pane. Choose the form you created before, and then use Preview to see it.

You can make single line text entry boxes, larger text entry boxes, dropdown choices, radio buttons, etc.

Last edited by paulae; Apr 7, 2009 at 05:48 AM.