Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Creative ideas for d13 Slideshow or other Slideshow

Old Jun 16, 2010, 02:30 AM
theadventurebite

136 posts · May 2010
Hi Guys,

This has nothing to do with the Atahualpa theme but I have run into dead ends with everyone other support option and thought maybe someone here might have some ideas.

Basically what I am trying to do is get a slideshow to pull the most recent post's image and title. This is obviously easy to do with many plugins but I need it to pull the most recent post from each main category.

So 1st image you see is most recent post in Cat 1, 2nd image most recent Cat 2, etc.

The slideshow on www.thepioneerwoman.com is EXACTLY what I would like but I can't seem to find anything similar to that and the site developer will not release any info to me regarding how to setup something like it.

I have modified d13 slideshow to where I can now see in the admin page what I want to be able to do, so I now have 6 different category with the ability to set to just 1 most recent post.

Like so:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theadve...te/4705202471/

But when I choose multiple categories it simply resets it to just one category with one post.

The code is as follows, I simply copied and pasted the bottom section multiple times to get more categories.

I know that this is probably just a simple command that I am not applying to have it pull multiple categories.

Code:
		<tr><th width="33%" scope="row"><h3>Choosing posts by category...</h3></th><td>If you're featuring by category, set up your category here.</td></tr>
		<tr>
		<th width="33%" scope="row">Category to feature:</th>
		<td>
			<?php 
			$categoryargs = array(
			'show_option_none' => 'Select Category',
			'show_count' => '1',
			'orderby' => 'name',
			'name' => 'd13ss_featCategory',
			'selected' => get_option('d13ss_featCategory')
			);
			wp_dropdown_categories($categoryargs);
			?>
				<option value="1" <?php if(get_option('d13ss_numCategory')=='1'){ echo("selected"); } ?>>1 most recent</option>
                                <option value="5" <?php if(get_option('d13ss_numCategory')=='5'){ echo("selected"); } ?>>5 most recent</option>
				<option value="10" <?php if(get_option('d13ss_numCategory')=='10'){ echo("selected"); } ?>>10 most recent</option>
				</select>
<br>
ANY ideas are really appreciated!

Last edited by theadventurebite; Jun 16, 2010 at 02:36 AM.