Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Spacing help...

Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:24 PM
cep55

3 posts · Jan 2010
Hello, all -

I am very new to blogging, and just set up my first blog a few days ago. I am using Atahualpa and love it!

The problem I am having, and cannot figure out how to fix, is that spacing after some lines is larger than I want. For example, on my posts, the space between the post title and the post text below it is a bit larger than I would like. And, when including images in a blog, there is too much space between the bottom of the text and the top of the picture. On my blog right now, the text is tight against the photo above it, but has a lot of space beneath it, between it and the photo below. (This is a little hard to explain, sorry if I'm being confusing!) For example, if you look at this text:

And then… made tacos with cilantro, onion, cabbage, tomatoes and cheese.

I wanted it to be associated with the photo below it, but instead it's tight against the photo ABOVE it.

If anyone can tell me how to modify this spacing, I would really appreciate it!

thanks so much for your thoughts,
Christina
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:26 PM
cep55

3 posts · Jan 2010
I suppose it would help if I provided my blog's URL ... www.sleeplessfoodie.com
Old Jan 5, 2010, 09:46 PM
ksmith101

79 posts · Dec 2009
North Carolina, although Georgia (USA) is HOME
"And then… made tacos with cilantro, onion, cabbage, tomatoes and cheese.
I wanted it to be associated with the photo below it, but instead it's tight against the photo ABOVE it."

When I viewed your site the above wording shows to the right of the image a if it is set to two columns. Actually, the layout I see looks nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cep55
Hello, all -

I am very new to blogging, and just set up my first blog a few days ago. I am using Atahualpa and love it!

The problem I am having, and cannot figure out how to fix, is that spacing after some lines is larger than I want. For example, on my posts, the space between the post title and the post text below it is a bit larger than I would like. And, when including images in a blog, there is too much space between the bottom of the text and the top of the picture. On my blog right now, the text is tight against the photo above it, but has a lot of space beneath it, between it and the photo below. (This is a little hard to explain, sorry if I'm being confusing!) For example, if you look at this text:

And then… made tacos with cilantro, onion, cabbage, tomatoes and cheese.

I wanted it to be associated with the photo below it, but instead it's tight against the photo ABOVE it.

If anyone can tell me how to modify this spacing, I would really appreciate it!

thanks so much for your thoughts,
Christina
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:19 PM
cep55

3 posts · Jan 2010
Thank you for the response, Kathy... I went to look at the site in Safari, and I saw it the way you did, with text to the side of the pictures... the only problem is, that's supposed to be body text, above and below the pictures! I'm thinking maybe I need to make the pics wider, to get the text to wrap correctly?

The strange thing is, in Firefox the body text does exactly what I want it to! That's disconcerting...

thanks for your help,

Christina
Old Jan 6, 2010, 08:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Instead of making the pix wider I would set the width in "Atahualpa>Style & configure LAYOUT" to a fixed width of 900px to 1000px.

As an aside you pictures really too big with regard to file size (not dimensions). Realistically most web pix should be under 100k to help with page loading.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 07:09 PM
bsmaven

1 posts · Aug 2010
How do you insert photos side by side on a page? It seems the image or media insert function assumes you want to aligning with text. I just want a line of text, then some related photos below it then some more text and so on, but the only way I could seem to do it is by using center alignment but all the photos end up in a column on the left side
http://historicstockade.com/?page_id=185
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Put in the line of text, then the image and align it left. Put in the next image and align it left. After you have added all the photos under the line of text add the next line of text. Now go into the HTML editor and right before the line of text you last added put the following.
HTML Code:
<br style="clear:both;" />
This will stop the floating and put the text under the images.