Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Skip Nav: Where do I send the focus to?

Old Apr 8, 2009, 05:18 PM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,

I want to add a skip nav link.

I'll put the link at the top of HTML Inserts: Body Top:
HTML Code:
<a class="invisiblelink" title="" href="#content">Skip to Main Content</a>
then I'll put in some CSS to hide this link from users with good vision.

What I would like to know is if there is a way to send the focus to .post-bodycopy, or where I could put something in index.php so I don't have to put something in every post/page?

Any thoughts?

-Bill
Old Apr 9, 2009, 06:35 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you put <a name="content"></a> right above <!-- Post Body Copy --> in index.php then it would be there on all pages
Old Apr 9, 2009, 09:44 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks Flynn.

So then to complete this thread, what I'll do is add the following CSS insert:

HTML Code:
/* decorate the Skip to Main Content Link. This moves the link off screen, but still available to screen readers. User who tab will get the link on the screen, and when they press return will jump to the content of the post or page */
.invisiblelink  a {
padding: 0 0.5em; display: inline; z-index: 2;
text-decoration: none; position: absolute; width: 14 em; left: -200em; 
}
.invisiblelink a:focus, .invisiblelink a:active {
position: absolute; width: 14em; left: 0.5em; border: solid #333 2px; color: #fff; background: #555; 
}
Works for me. -Bill