Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Horizontal Bar 1 > how to add page title?

Old Apr 21, 2010, 01:07 PM
bender57

16 posts · Apr 2010
France
Red face [SOLVED] Horizontal Bar 1 > how to add page title?

Hi,

I'm using version 3.4.6.

I'd like to add my page title in the Horizontal Bar 1.

How to proceed?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Old Apr 22, 2010, 06:01 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can't add it into the bar unless you want to dig into the code. You will have to edit bfa_header_config.php and find line 308 (in version 3.4.6) which should be
HTML Code:
	$horizontal_bar1 = '<div class="horbar1">&nbsp;</div>';
and change it to
HTML Code:
	$h_bar1_title =  wp_title('',false,'');
	$horizontal_bar1 = '<div class="horbar1">'.$h_bar1_title.'</div>';
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:19 AM
bender57

16 posts · Apr 2010
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
You can't add it into the bar unless you want to dig into the code. You will have to edit bfa_header_config.php and find line 308 (in version 3.4.6) which should be
HTML Code:
	$horizontal_bar1 = '<div class="horbar1">&nbsp;</div>';
and change it to
HTML Code:
	$h_bar1_title =  wp_title('',false,'');
	$horizontal_bar1 = '<div class="horbar1">'.$h_bar1_title.'</div>';
Thanks a lot!

> I can add text in the bar now but I'd like to apply a css on text only without compromising the bar layout.

padding:8px 20px;

???
Old Apr 22, 2010, 08:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
just use CSS that applies to the text, like 'color: #00ffff;' will change the text color, 'text-align' will change the alignment. For font styling you will want 'font-style' and 'font-size'

go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp for a great reference

p.s. you can just add them to the bar1 styling section in the options.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 01:26 AM
bender57

16 posts · Apr 2010
France
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
just use CSS that applies to the text, like 'color: #00ffff;' will change the text color, 'text-align' will change the alignment. For font styling you will want 'font-style' and 'font-size'

go to http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_text.asp for a great reference

p.s. you can just add them to the bar1 styling section in the options.
It works fine for text-indent. (horiz.)

I still have problems to align vertically the text in the bar without damaging the layout. There is no css code working...
Old Apr 23, 2010, 07:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what's the url?