Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Pages with different colors

Old Mar 16, 2012, 04:35 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Pages with different colors

I would like to have different colors on some of my pages.

e.g. Home page has an image but some pages are to have a black background.

How can I do that please?

Norm
Old Mar 16, 2012, 05:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
use the FireBug extension in FireFox to see what CSS is being used to set the background. Then on the pages you want to change it use 'body.page-id-nn' to prefix the rest of the selector. nn is the id of the page.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks Juggledad. I appreciate your time.

This is what I see with Firebug

<body class="page page-id-114 page-template-default">

I am not well versed in this at all so I'm not sure where I should put what as I don't know what to use as a selector for the background for each page and where to put this.

i.e. body.page-id-114 background: #000000;

Last edited by yukoner; Mar 16, 2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You need to take a tutorial for CSS (htmldog.com has a good one)

You need to put it in the 'CSS Inserts' (ato->add HTML/CSS Inserts) in the format
HTML Code:
body.page-id-114 {background: #000000;}
Old Mar 16, 2012, 07:49 PM
yukoner

48 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks again Juggledad.
Not only for the help, but for the suggestion of and link to a good CSS tutorial site

Norm
Old Mar 18, 2012, 07:25 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just happened to be looking at a plugin for that function recently. Here is a link.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 07:53 AM
pakelly

10 posts · Mar 2012
Hi,
Great help here, thanks! However, this changes the background behind the page and I'm trying to change the color of a page. Is there a code for this?
Thanks!
Paul
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
actually it changes the page, you want to change the container. This is doable but move involved because the containor has multiple parts - header, left sidebar, middle, right sidebar, footer - and all of them can have their color set.

You would still use the body.page-id-nnn selector but then add
body.page-id-nnn #container ...
body.page-id-nnn #header
body.page-id-nnn #left
etc etc. The best way to find them all is use FireBug in FireFox and change the colors for each area so you get them all.