Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

My header image/logo is truncated on both ends. How do I fix this?

Old Sep 18, 2010, 09:14 AM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I'm new to Wordpress but just managed to create a pretty rudimentary banner for my new site. When I uploaded the banner, either end of the banner were cut off. Is there a trick to fixing this?

If you want to see what I'm talking about, my site is http://jonathanstein.org

Thank you!
Old Sep 18, 2010, 11:08 AM
Velma

272 posts · Feb 2009
I think you're talking about the white space on either side of the image.

On Style & Configure Layout, scroll down to the bottom. You'll see "Layout Container Padding Left/Right". It puts 10px in there by default. Set it to 0.

Warmly,

Velma
Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:43 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks for that. But then what happens is that all the text on the page backs right up to the edge as well. I guess you can't have it both ways...or can you? Is it possible to extend the header to the edges but not the text on the page?
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Sure, add some padding to the center area styling
Old Sep 18, 2010, 07:49 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I tried that but it didn't seem to work. Maybe I'm in the wrong place. I went to Style and Edit Center Column>Center Column Style (at the top of the page), and changed the numbers a few times but nothing seemd to work. Did I do this correctly?

Thanks for your help!
Old Sep 19, 2010, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can do this, here's how. First you make the layout span the layout.

go to ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT->Layout Container Style and set the padding to '0px'. This will cause the entire layout to span the page width you defined. Next you add the indent(padding) to the left side. Since you are not using a left or left inner sidebar, you have to add the left padding to the 'middle', so go to ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->Center column style and change the 'padding' entry. You currently have: padding:50px. This says 'add 50 px of padding to all sides of the area' but you only want it on tht left, top and bottom...well maybe some on the right to get it away from the sidebar. When you use the shorthand, the the four entries go 'top, right, bottom, left' so you want padding: 50px 10px 50px 50px; or some variation like that depending on who big you want the spacing.

Lastly, there is an override in the CSS Inserts, so go to ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and remve the entry
HTML Code:
td#middle {
padding:0
You could leave the right sidebar even with the edge, or add some padding (ATO->Style & configure SIDEBARS->RIGHT sidebar style)

Have fun