Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How to: Styling Current Page Differently in Menu

Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:13 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Note: I'm using vertical custom menus, so this may work differently in navbar menus.

Out of the box, in custom menus in MZ, if there's a link to the current page, it will be active. I found a plugin called Remove Redundant Links, that did part of what I wanted. Instead of being a link, a link to a current page would be removed, and a title "You Are Here" would appear. The styling stayed the same.

I wanted more. So, I went to the plugin's page and under that plugin clicked edit. Then, I selected the bottom file, remove-redundant-links/class.Remove_Redundant_Links.php. About 2/3 of the way down, I commented out this code:

PHP Code:
/*            // Set title.
            if ( ! $this->settings['title'] )
            {
                unset ( $attr_arr['title'] );
            }
            else
            {
                $attr_arr['title'] = $this->settings['title'];
            }
*/ 
Then, to make the current item in the menu show differently and act more like a breadcrumb, I added the following CSS:

Code:
 ul.menu li.active,
.menu li a.current_page_item,
.menu li a.current_page_item:hover
{
color: #D14200;
font-weight:bold;
border: none;
background: #FFFFFF;
}
Here's the example.
Attached Thumbnails