Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

LIST POST TITLES ONLY on Category Pages - HELP!!

Old Sep 24, 2010, 01:57 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
LIST POST TITLES ONLY on Category Pages - HELP!!

I want to list POST TITLES ONLY without excerpts on the Category Pages.

There is no archives.php for editing in the theme, and I have tried a couple of plugins and hacks but they require editing of the archives.php file, which is not in the theme folder.

Is there anyway to accomplish listing titles only?

Using Atahualpa 3.5.3 with WP 3.1

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Check out the List Category Posts plugin.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Thank for replying, but this is another of many plugins that requires theme files editing, this one says you have to add short codes to the default.php file, which is not listed in this theme.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You just add shortcodes to a page or post. I'm not sure where you saw the note about adding to the default.php. To show a list of posts from a particular category you would use the code below in a page or post. You can add other parameters to the shortcode to order in a particular, show excerpts or full posts if you want, exclude categories, and on and on (See the Other Notes tab on the page I gave you a link to. Here a link to a page I use this plugin for listing all the titles of the posts in a particular category.
HTML Code:
[catlist id=99]
The code above would show all the post titles from the category with an ID of 99
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I took a quick look and it appears the default.php is in reference to creating templates for the plugin. I have never found that necessary.
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:28 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You just add shortcodes to a page or post. I'm not sure where you saw the note about adding to the default.php. To show a list of posts from a particular category you would use the code below in a page or post. You can add other parameters to the shortcode to order in a particular, show excerpts or full posts if you want, exclude categories, and on and on (See the Other Notes tab on the page I gave you a link to. Here a link to a page I use this plugin for listing all the titles of the posts in a particular category.
HTML Code:
[catlist id=99]
The code above would show all the post titles from the category with an ID of 99

Okay, but here is where I am lost, I want to add these to the Category Archive Pages. So I have set up the Category Menus in Ataluhpa in the header, when I click on a category there I am getting post listings for that category but they are including excerpts, comments counts, tags etc, same as the home page, BUT, all I want them to show is just a hyperlink list of the Posts under that category.

So when you say "add shortcodes to a page or post" how does that work for adding it to the category archives? This theme has no archives.php file to edit, so I am not sure how to add the short code from this plugin or any other for that matter to display in category archive pages...make sense?
Old Sep 24, 2010, 03:29 PM
genuwine4532

37 posts · Sep 2010
the link you gave me is the EXACTLY the way I want to list all posts in the Category archive pages