Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Footer shows even though Atahualpa footer is empty

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 19, 2010, 08:54 AM
tinroofrusted

4 posts · Feb 2010
[SOLVED] Footer shows even though Atahualpa footer is empty

Hi all,

I have a strange problem. I created a footer in Atahualpa, which was fine for a while. Just yesterday I noticed (when viewing in Opera or Internet Explorer, but not in Firefox) that the following malformed HTML is showing up at the bottom of the page:

<a href="http://newportmediation.com/wpsummit/wp-admin> - Sign in

I removed everything from the Atahualpa footer panel in Atahualpa options, yet this still shows up. In Firefox it shows up as a well formed "Sign In" link.

But the point is that there should not be anything at all showing up in the footer because I removed all text from the footer panel in Atahualpa options. So obviously this is coming rom somewhere other than the Atahualpa footer.

I have looked everywhere I can think of (the main theme page wp_footer, etc.) and cannot find where this code is coming from. Can anyone give me a clue?

The source that shows up in IE is as follows:
T
<!-- Footer -->
<td id="footer" colspan="4">

<p>
<a href="http://newportmediation.com/wpsummit/wp-admin> - Sign in<a/> </p>

</td>
<!-- / Footer -->

The site in question is located at www.summithoa.org

Many thanks.