Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Wrong container background color in IE 9

Old Oct 13, 2011, 01:31 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Yesterday I tried some changes to the background colors in my site www.fotocomefare.com. I then reverted all the changes.
In Firefox and Chrome site's appearance is correct, while in IE the container background color is sort of overridden by the body background color.
Before the changes (which I reverted) it worked also on IE.
What's the matter?

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 14, 2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Oct 13, 2011, 04:25 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What were the changes?
Where did you make them?
Old Oct 14, 2011, 01:06 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I changed background: #ddd in the Style & Configure Layout page.
Then, I enclosed the custom header I'm using in a <div style="background:white;"> tag, in Style and edit header area page.
I added background:white; in Style and edit CENTER COLUMN page, Center column style box.
Finally I added background:white; to the Style WIDGETS page, Widget container box.
Then I set Layout backgroung back to #fff and it worked in every browser except IE.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 04:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
looks the same to me. I do notice that you have a caching plugin active. This can cause the delay of seeing a change you make. you should always turn them off and flush the cache when making changes.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 02:31 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
Thank you, but I already flushed the plugin.
Can't there be another cause to the problem?
Old Oct 15, 2011, 03:27 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Like I said when I look in ie8 I don't see a problem.
What version of is?
Can you post a screen print?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 04:54 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I attached 2 files a Crop of the top right corner of the page in Chrome and in IE 9.
You can see that the padding in IE has a wrong color.
While inspecting the page in IE 9, I found out what the problem is. When the page is loaded, document mode is set to IE7 standards.
I disabled the Emulate IE7 options I recently enabled, to try it. However the behavior doesn't change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crop on chrome.png
Views:	1234
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	1557  Click image for larger version

Name:	crop IE.png
Views:	1197
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	1558  
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you set ATO->Style & configure LAYOUT->IE Document Type to 'IE9'

looking at the images side by side, it looks like IE9 is adding some extra padding at top and has moved the logo up some. Notice the gap between the logo and the next line 'La fotografia digital...' is bigger in IE9

In IE8 there is no gray at the top of the page. Don't you just love the way all browsers work the same - even between releases (NOT!)

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 17, 2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:42 AM
ragdoll

27 posts · Oct 2010
I can't see any IE document type in my style and configure LAYOUT page.
Probably it's because I still have Atahualpa 3.6.4.
I'll try and update.