Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] The Left Sidebar is showing only one category; there should be three categor

Old Sep 13, 2010, 09:51 AM
JimTrail

59 posts · Sep 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
First, let me thank Bytes For All for the Atahualpa theme and for this forum.

I have got three categories entered in the Admin section. Those categories are 1). Soups, 2). Salads, 3). Breads.

In the left sidebar under "CATEGORIES" the only category that is showing is the Soups category. How can I get the other two categories to show?

Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 11:39 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
  • Do you have posts in those categories?
  • What widget are you using to show the categories?
  • What is the URL to your site?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 03:26 PM
JimTrail

59 posts · Sep 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
Thanks for responding to my question.

Q.) Do you have posts in those categories?

A). No. I couldn't get them to show up so there was no way of making posts to them.

Q). What widget are you using to show the categories?

A). I don't know. I think that I may have deleted it. I just made a post to the WordPress forum earlier today.
Here is the link to the post:
Link to WP forum

Here's the question that I asked there:

Code:
I dragged an inactive widget, "Categories," from under the "Inactive Widgets" heading to the left side bar on the Widgets page. I goofed up and deleted the widget rather than drag it back down to Inactive Widgets.

Appearance -> Widgets -> Inactive Widgets deleted "Categories"

Can somebody tell me how to restore the Categories widget under "Inactive Widgets?"
A person just responded to the above post and said that I would have to re-install the Categories widget.

Q). What is the URL to your site?

A). http://www.edwardhanover.com/

I just downloaded WordPress three days ago. I downloaded the Atahualpa theme Saturday (two days ago).

The download page (I can't find it now) said that there were bug fixes for the 3.5.3 version of the Atahualpa theme. I could be mistaken but I thought that it said that the bug fixes had already been made in the download version.

Do I need to make the bug fixes or are they already included?

Thanks.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 04:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you are using the default categories widget to display your categories. Currently you have two posts in that category (a test post and Hello World). In order for a category to show it has to have some post assigned to it since empty categories will not show. As a test create a new post and categorize it with one of the other categories you have created.

You should probably apply the bug fixes as outlined in this forum. Not all fixes are in 3.5.3.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 06:10 PM
JimTrail

59 posts · Sep 2010
Knoxville, Tennessee
Wow. Worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help.