Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Why doesn't Atahualpa use an externally named CSS file?

Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:30 PM
Elms123

16 posts · Mar 2010
Uk
I have been looking at my webpage made within Atahualpa and the code behind it (in FF right click and then choose 'View Page Source'). On my website (www.elmsfarmcottages.com) it shows all the CSS code in a very long list.

Am I right in thinking that the page would load quicker if the CSS was kept in a separate external file?

Would I also be right in thinking that if it was kept in its own file only the CSS needed to load the page being viewed would be loaded, thus reducing the amount of code being read and allowing the page to load quicker?

When I have looked at other websites (again by using 'View Page Source') not built from Atahualpa often all the CSS seems to be hidden in a named external stylesheet.

I would be interested to know which is the better system.

Thanks, John
Old Mar 22, 2010, 03:34 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You can choose to make the CSS external, in theme options, configure JS and CSS.

Some of the CSS, though, doesn't conform to this. For instance, the CSS for the Calendar plugin is always loading with the page. I don't know of a way to fix that.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 04:45 PM
Elms123

16 posts · Mar 2010
Uk
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Paulae, I thought there would be something somewhere to do this.