Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

I want a menu bar at the bottom with the exact same style as the menu at the top

Old Aug 5, 2010, 08:04 PM
mdesjard16

5 posts · Aug 2010
I want two menus on my site, one at the top, the standard one and a second one at the bottom.

I defined them in the menu1 and menu2 setting of the theme.

I then created a footer widget, like this:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=menu2'); ?>
And then I added my menu2 to this footer.

It displays, but without the nice formatting of the top menu, it just displays like this:

What can I do to have it display in the exact same way as the top menu?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Aug 5, 2010, 09:33 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You would probably have to use a menu widget plugin in both places after adding a widget area to where %pages is.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:03 PM
mdesjard16

5 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for the reply. But I don't quite understand it.

You are suggesting I use a plugin menu instead of the theme menu1 and menu2?

It would be a shame, because the menu1 looks exactly like I want, I just need to make the menu2, in my footer widget area to look exactly the same.

Please let me know if you can help with that. Or maybe give me instructions on how to accomplish the same thing using plugins.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 06:08 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The built in menu is meant for the header area and will not work in the footer. To have the same menu in both I would use a menu plugin such as the Dropdown Menu Widget. You would put the code for the menu in the place where %pages is and also in the ATO>Style & edit Footer>Footer Content. One problem I see with this though is if you have sub pages the menu will not pop up so you would have to fiddle with code somewhere. My suggestion would be to have the Atahualpa menu or WordPress menu at the top and create a different menu for the footer like many sites have which might look like.
Home | About | News | Contact Us
Old Aug 6, 2010, 07:56 PM
mdesjard16

5 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks. I'm pretty new to WordPress, would you happen to know of a menu I could use that looks like the one from the top in the theme?

Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The one I mentioned in my last reply can be styled to meet your needs which is what you would have to do with any menu.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:49 PM
mdesjard16

5 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for your patience with me

With the pluggin, can I have two different instances of the menu? I would like to have different links in the top menu and in the bottom menu? Is that possible? Or maybe I should just hardcode links in html the footer and make it look like a menu?

Thanks
Old Aug 6, 2010, 08:54 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What I did is just install it and look at the settings and it doesn't look like you can have two different menus so I would go back to the original idea of use the Atahualpa menu for the top and another menu widget for the footer. The best way to figure this all out is just to install some menu plugins and take a look at the configuration options. When I do that ideas come to me that I wouldn't have thought of just looking at the descriptions or even relying on someone's recommendations. You are the one most familiar with what you want.

Excuse me for rambling... It's been a long day.