Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Tiny Menu Bar Text in Safari - Text Too Big in Columns

Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:48 PM
Barefoot Ted

4 posts · Mar 2009
I thought I upgraded both WP and Atahualpa recently...but in my Manage Themes, it still seems to be showing that I have 3.2...so my problem may be due to this.

Nonetheless, I tried using the Upgrade automatically feature...which seems to have worked. Ever since then the site looks funny in the Safari browser.

See: movnat.com

The top menu bar looks super tiny on my computer. Looks fine in FireFox.

Also, I am having trouble figuring out how to make the Menu Column Header text smaller and the Blog Header text smaller.

Thanks. We love Atahualpa.

Barefoot Ted

Last edited by Barefoot Ted; Oct 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ATO->Page Menu Bar->Font Size & Face and change the size from 5px to 11px and see how that looks
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:43 PM
Barefoot Ted

4 posts · Mar 2009
So, it looks fine (perfect) in FireFox...and very strange in Safari...even with the changes you suggested.

www.movnat.com

Also, wish to make the left and right column headers fonts, e.g., Pages, Press, Twitter, etc to be smaller.

It was perfect before I upgraded...but somehow, I can't figure out what to change in the new admin backend.

Also, and it may be related, I would like the blog header fonts to be smaller. Must be possible, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It definately changed size since you updated it. Did you clear your cache? Any cache pluging installed that may have delayed you seeing the new change?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 12:34 PM
Barefoot Ted

4 posts · Mar 2009
Made changes. Cleared cache. No caching plugin activated. Strange.

I noticed that the Blog headings are nested in <h1></h1> and the sidebars headings are nested <h3></h3>, both are too big and I can't change them.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
change the font size in ATO->Style POSTS & PAGES->
HEADLINE Box: Text and
HEADLINE Box: Links

change the font size in ATO->Style WIDGETS->Widget Title
Old Oct 28, 2009, 05:01 PM
Barefoot Ted

4 posts · Mar 2009
Thank you very much!

Part of my problem is not caching, but something stranger.

Even after I save my changes in ATO, I have to go and edit and publish a blog story before my changes will show up on the site. Just saving in ATO won't do it. Ideas why?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 06:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
might be something to do with the host you use or the browser. on a standard install I make a change and next time i look, it's there.

If your using IE, try it with firefox