Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] change header image to link to external page when clicked

Old Jun 5, 2009, 07:58 AM
bilwebore

3 posts · May 2009
[SOLVED] change header image to link to external page when clicked

My header image is actually an ad that says "Click Here to Learn More". When clicked on now, it goes to my WP blog. Can I change the code so that the link is to my affiliate home page? And if so, how would I make such a change?

Bill
Old Jul 24, 2009, 09:53 AM
DATAPOPP

2 posts · Jul 2009
I am also having this problem and would like to know how to have the header image when click go to my affiliate page. Any help would be great!!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 04:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
edit bfa_header_config.php line 281 (version 3.2.4 -> 3.4.6) change
HTML Code:
		<a class="divclick" title="' . $bfa_ata['bloginfo_name'] . '" href ="' . $bfa_ata['get_option_home'] . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );
to
HTML Code:
		<a class="divclick" title="' . $bfa_ata['bloginfo_name'] . '" href ="http://yourdomain.com"' . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );
in version 3.4.9-3.5.1 change line 301
in version 3.7.3 change line 307
from
HTML Code:
		bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="'; bloginfo('url'); echo '/">&nbsp;</a></div>';
to
HTML Code:
		bloginfo('name'); echo '" href ="http://yourdomain.com" /">&nbsp;</a></div>';

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 8, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jul 25, 2009, 09:40 PM
loislanemiami

14 posts · Apr 2009
Miami, Florida
Send a message via AIM to loislanemiami
How would I do this with version 3.4.1?

I tried this same method, but it didn't work and I thought it might be due to the version I'm using. Thanks
Old Jul 26, 2009, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in 3.4.1 you would do the same thing, and the line number is the same. You must have ATO->Header Image->Make header image clickable? set to 'YES' in order for this to work.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 10:49 PM
DerekN

2 posts · Jul 2009
Tried the above and could not seem to get it to work.

Despite having the href pointing back to http://www.common-defense.org the logo image still links back to blogs.common-defense.org when clicked...(the mouseover also displays the blogs.common-defense.org address.)

Any additional tips, tricks or ideas would be mucho appreciated!