Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header Image - 5 images in one header

Old Nov 27, 2009, 03:56 PM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Hi

I want to chane the default image and setup a header image which is made up of 4 - 5 images per header image.

Would this slow down my website when loading, and could I use the SEO plugin which assigns tags to images for my header.

Any tips would be most grateful.

Cheers
Old Nov 27, 2009, 04:39 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
I would probably do it in Photoshop. Combine your 4-5 images into one image that's the height and width that you need. When you "save for web" make sure the file size isn't too large (generally you want to aim for 100k if possible).

Not sure about the alt tag with the SEO plugin, but I'm assuming with one image you'd get one alt tag.
Old Nov 28, 2009, 03:44 AM
jkfly4

115 posts · Nov 2009
Many thanks

I have photoshop, I will have a mess about.

So save for the web is the best format option as the other file types would be to big in total ?.

I will try it and post up.

Cheers.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:57 PM
measure2x

52 posts · Apr 2009
Appleton, WI
It's been awhile since I've checked in (all sorts of holiday hubbub, ya know).

Did that solution work for you jkfly4? I'd be curious to see your results.