Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » eCommerce & Atahualpa »

Google Adwords Conversion Tracking code - where to put it?

Old Mar 7, 2010, 06:09 PM
jtsharp

23 posts · Mar 2010
I'm not sure if this is eCommerce or not - this section seemed like the closest match though

I'm trying to insert the following code to begin conversion tracking for my Adwords account:

<!-- Google Code for Reach Free Consultation Page Conversion Page -->
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--

...<snip>...

</div>
</noscript>

Google says to insert the code into the page that I'm "tracking." I tried to just insert the code in the html section of the page editor, but it doesn't look like it's working. Any suggestions?

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 22, 2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 05:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try ATO->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->HTML Inserts: Body Bottom
Old Mar 8, 2010, 08:43 AM
jtsharp

23 posts · Mar 2010
Thanks, Juggledad, I plan on donating very shortly.

I did post my Google Analytics code in the body bottom section with success, but the code above, for Google Adwords, is specific to one page of my site. I'm trying to track the instances where users land on that particular page. Will posting it in the body bottom section apply it to the whole site?

Thanks again
Old Mar 8, 2010, 01:15 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well you could add a text widget to the sidebar and them use widget logic so it only shows on one page
Old Apr 21, 2010, 04:49 PM
fuelurmind

1 posts · Apr 2010
You probably shouldn't keep your conversion code visible as the contains private data that at the very least could cause you to have inaccurate data if someone else uses it.

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 22, 2010 at 08:09 AM.