Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Possible Conflict with Symlinked Directories

Old Jun 3, 2013, 08:14 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Folder Possible Conflict with Symlinked Directories

In doing my migration to WP with MZ just realized that MZ uses the media directory to output its CSS file. This seems to be a potential conflict with my setup.

Let me explain my setup. I'm migrating from a custom content management system to WP. I manage several sites on the same server. Since many of the sites share images, css, and functions, under each site's directory is a symlink directory pointing to a directory called "share," which includes three subdirectories, "images," "include," and "css." Each site has access to these files, and a change in one goes across all sites that use the applicable file. In my WP setup, I set the media directory as "/share/images" so that I can still share images across sites.

However I don't intend to style each site the same. If MZ is going to write its stylesheet from each site to my shared directory for all the sites, might this not cause a conflict? I still want to share images across sites. Is there an easy way to have MZ write its CSS files somewhere other than to my media directory?

Thanks,

Jerry
Old Jun 3, 2013, 08:35 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
when you start changing the structure under which Wordpress runs you are basically on your own. Dig into the code if you want and maybe you can find a solution.

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 3, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 08:47 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
when you start changing the structure under wich Wordpress runs you are basically on your own. Dig into the code if you want and maybe you can find a solution.
So, are you saying:
  • all themes write their css files to the media directory? and
  • if I want to change this, I need to change something in the wp files, not the MZ files?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 09:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No, I'm saying since you have a non standard install of Wordpress, if you want Montezuma to work with it, you'll need to look thru the theme code to figure a way to get it to work in your unique situation.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 09:22 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
No, I'm saying since you have a non standard install of Wordpress...
Other than that fact that I selected a media directory that is shared across multiple sites on my server, the WP install is standard.

Quote:
... you'll need to look thru the theme code to figure a way to get it to work in your unique situation.
I understand that I could do that. Here's my question to the forum users:
Does anybody here know where in the MZ code I can set the directory where MZ writes its css file to something other than the media directory?
Thank you.