Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Changing Sidebar background colour to match rest of site

Old May 26, 2010, 03:57 PM
CVCS_MD

4 posts · Feb 2010
Creston, BC, Canada
I am having difficulties getting the background of the right sidebar to match the rest of the site.

http://resolvingunfairbusiness.com

I have been able to change the background for the footer and posts/pages. I’ve got the background for the widgets to the colour matching the post/pages but I’m unable to figure out how to get the background of the sidebar to match the rest. I hope I’m referring accurately to the different elements.

Have spent a fair amount of time trying to locate a solution in the forums. Without success.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old May 26, 2010, 07:21 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just put the background color CSS in ATO>Style & Configure SIDEBARS>RIGHT Sidebar Style
Old May 26, 2010, 11:12 PM
CVCS_MD

4 posts · Feb 2010
Creston, BC, Canada
This is what I have put in the "RIGHT sidebar style", it isn't working as I want.

border-left: solid 5px #CCCCCC; padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; background: #E7F5FE;

What am I supposed to put here?

PS: I just upgraded to Atahualpa 3.5.0 from Atahualpa 3.4.6 if that makes any difference. Same settings in 3.4.6 though.

http://resolvingunfairbusiness.com
Old May 27, 2010, 03:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
do a select all of the right sidebar style, copy and paste it into a text document. you will see a second 'background: #ffffff;' at the end.

does the area for each of the Atahualpa options only show one line? They should automatically expand to show all teh lines for each option. If you have this issue, try disabling all your plugins and see if there is a plugin conflict.

your right sidebar options are
HTML Code:
td#right {
	vertical-align: top;
	border-left: solid 5px #0055FF; padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; background: #E7F5FE;
background: #ffffff;	}
Old May 27, 2010, 09:30 AM
CVCS_MD

4 posts · Feb 2010
Creston, BC, Canada
Thank you. Donated $5.00 USD.

I had thought I had "cleaned" that bar, obviously I hadn't.

As per your suggestion, I deactivated all plugins, stuffed the bar to ensure an "overflow" from what was visible. Did save, refresh, etc. There is no resizing to show all text within the "RIGHT sidebar style" options line. Using Firefox 3.6.3. Will not show extra lines, zoom in, refresh, zoom out, refresh, no go. Load IE8, it properly displays additional lines.

This issue appears to be a rendering problem with Firefox. Suggestions?

Last edited by CVCS_MD; May 27, 2010 at 09:40 AM.