Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] wordpress 2.7.1 & Atahaulpa 3.3.2 PROBLEMS

Old May 17, 2010, 02:06 PM
contrast101

11 posts · May 2010
Hi All,
Currently my blog has been acting up. I'm unable to edited/update certain blog posts, I click update and i just get a black white screen.

I also noticed that i get the same affect when i try to update my profile and use the email users feature.

What can I look into?
Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old May 17, 2010, 02:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I would suggest updating both wordpress and Atahualpa, Move WP to vesion 2.9.2 and Atahualpa to 3.4.6 - do a database backup first and install Atahualpa into a seperate folder (call it atahualpa346) so you cna make sure everything is working. Do one at a time, start with WP!
Old May 18, 2010, 01:56 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
I would strongly urge you to upgrade to the latest Wordpress version. My site was hacked when I was still using 2.7.1. It has serious security holes.
Old May 26, 2010, 06:52 AM
contrast101

11 posts · May 2010
Whats the safest way to go about upgrading WP. I Have backed up everything on the server but my concern is that I will loose all the content and formatting.

How can I make a smooth transition while keeping everything the same?

Thanks.
Old May 26, 2010, 11:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Here is what I would do
Basically you want to follow the directions from the wordpress site. Here is what I would do.

1) do an export of the database
2) backup the wp-contents folder and the file wp-config
3) get a copy of the wordpress zip file for your install (2.7.1)

With this, you can recreate your site

You may want to load an index.html file that says 'site down for maintenance' while you do the rest of this.

To upgrade
1) get onto your site and deactivate all plugins
2) download wordpress 2.9.2 and unzip it
3) on your server - delete everything from your root wordpress folder except for any .htaccess file, the wp-config.php and the wp-contents folder (and index.html if you loaded one)
4) upload the contents of the unzipped wordpress folder, to your server
5) update your site by usng 'http://example.com/wordpress/wp-admin/upgrade.php' - make sure to put in your site name.
6) reactivate your plugins - updatating any that need it

ok, you should now be upgraded to WP 2.9.2 but you are still at 3.3.2 - go check things out (get rid of the index.html if you loaded it - better yet, just rename it)

Now to upload Atahualpa
1) down load version 3.4.6 from http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=87
2) unzip it - it will create a folder atahualpa346
3) upload this folder to the wp-content/themes folder
4) go to the theme picker and activate the theme

That's all, you can now switch back and forth between themes versions. If you had any images stored in the 3.3.2 Atahualpa folder, you will have to copy them into the new atahualpa346 folder to see them

Now, go do another backup!

You may need to copy
Old May 27, 2010, 07:34 AM
contrast101

11 posts · May 2010
Juggledad, it worked!
Ok, so I managed the WP upgrade to 2.9.2 fine and turned on my plugins but noticed a couple of things. At first my sidebar login wasn't showing but i just had to add it to my widgets again. WP 2.9 is a bit different, how do I edit the tag cloud font sizes? I tried the categories-template but that just made my site blank...

Any suggestions?

Damn! the main issues before the upgrade are still happening... emailing users & groups and editing/updating published posts just give me a blank screen...

Last edited by contrast101; May 27, 2010 at 08:50 AM.
Old May 27, 2010, 09:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you want me to take a look, send me a PM with an admin ID password and the ste URL
Old May 31, 2010, 06:41 AM
contrast101

11 posts · May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrast101
Hi All,
Currently my blog has been acting up. I'm unable to edited/update certain blog posts, I click update and i just get a black white screen.

I also noticed that i get the same affect when i try to update my profile and use the email users feature.

What can I look into?
Any help would be appreciate it.

Thanks.
Has anyone else come across this issue? I updated WP to 2.9 but the issues still continue...
Old May 31, 2010, 07:02 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Very odd I see what you mean (I edited a post and added a blank space to the end of a line), who is your host and have they made any changes to their servers?

This sounds like your host made a change to something on the server and it is effecting you. There may be something on the server logs that will give a hint, but you will have to ask them for help.
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:18 AM
contrast101

11 posts · May 2010
Ok, so I just upgraded my Simple Press Forum to 4.2 because my previous version was not compatible. After the upgrade I got curious and thought what if this upgrade fixed my WP issues.... guess what.. IT DID!!! (is that weird?)

So now I can edit/update published posts and access the send email to blog users/groups.

Side note* is it just me or did WP 2.9 remove the right side where you were able to make a quick post. I just have the left side with the posts and recent comments...
Old Jun 3, 2010, 08:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
glad thisgs are working - as for the quick press, check the 'Screen Options' tab on the wordpress dashboard to see if 'Quickpress is checked off'

I'll close this since it is solved, you can reopen it if you have issues