Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Using ATA Custom Field to turn off sidebars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 17, 2015, 01:10 PM
riw777

33 posts · Jun 2009
Using ATA Custom Field to turn off sidebars

Y'all --

I know this bit of code:

if ($bfa_ata['left_col_pages_exclude'] != "") {
$pages_exlude_left = explode(",", str_replace(" ", "", $bfa_ata['left_col_pages_exclude']));
if ( isset($bfa_ata['leftcol_on']['page']) AND !in_array($current_page_id, $pages_exlude_left) ) {
$cols++; $left_col = "on";
}
} else {
if ( isset($bfa_ata['leftcol_on']['page']) ) {
$cols++; $left_col = "on";
}
}

Controls whether the left sidebar is displayed or not. I can reverse this, of course, but I'd actually like to be able to do something a little different -- I'd like to set it up so the presence of an ATA custom class or variable attached to the page controls whether or not the sidebars are shown. I use this theme on a college site with 100 pages already, and now that I'm moving the entire catalog online, I'm bound to be adding a few more. Listing pages individually to add or remove the sidebars from is getting really difficult, to be honest. A variable, or the ability to use a category (I've tried this and it doesn't work), would be really nice.

Thoughts?