Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Footer Widget Area

Old Aug 10, 2009, 09:30 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
I added a Footer Widget Area to the Style & edit Footer section using the below code

<?php bfa_widget_area('parameter=valueśmater=valueśmater =value'); ?>

not realizing that this was a sample. However, it worked and at the beginning I was able to add three widgets. My problem now, is when I change the code to the correct syntax.

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>

it won't let me remove the widgets I had originally added. I always get an error...

Basically, I can no longer add Widgets to any area now...
Old Aug 11, 2009, 07:34 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Repalced it with the following code and everything appears to be working now.

I find the whole widget editing weird. When you save your changes in the theme, they don't appear to have altered the widget editor until several refreshes later.

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer Sidebar&cells=3'); ?>
Old Aug 11, 2009, 01:26 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The widget creation function will be updated in the next version. Once created, widget areas cannot be removed easily