Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Background Colors

Old Jul 16, 2009, 01:22 PM
tim5046

19 posts · Jun 2009
Hello,

I've been trying to change the background colors of my sidebar widgets for some time now to no avail. I want to make the widget title transparent, but put a color into the widget content box. I know it's probably a simple fix, but I've tried everything I could to figure it out and I'm stuck. Any help would be fantastic

Thank you!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:11 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Your problem may be that Atahualpa's proprietary extra container div.widget-content is gone now for better plugin compatibility. You have these options now

The whole widget is

div.widget {
background: #123456;
}

To target only the widget content you'd have to use

div.textwidget,
div.widget ul {
background: #123456;
}

This should cover the content area of most widgets. If it does not you'd have to look into the browser rendered source code and look what kind of div, form or other element that widget wraps around its content.

You don't need CSS Inserts for that, there are text areas for the various widget sections at "Style Widgets"