Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Inserting a photo image in a sidebar

Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:27 PM
oleuanna

6 posts · Dec 2009
[SOLVED] Inserting a photo image in a sidebar

Hello please help....I am following instructions I have seen on a thread here from Admin but I seem to be getting no where. I have put the following code in the Add html/css inserts....is that right?

td#left {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahaulpa/images/capatilist mice (1512 x 811)(2).jpg);
}

I also have that in the style and configure sidebars. Where am I going wrong? I know it recognises the image as it is in my header but I am lost after many variations..

Thank you...

Last edited by oleuanna; Jan 5, 2010 at 12:34 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 01:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
no spaces of special characters are allowed in file names. Rename the image from 'capatilist mice (1512 x 811)(2).jpg' to 'capatilist-mice-1512-x-811-v2.jpg'
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:38 PM
oleuanna

6 posts · Dec 2009
Hello there..

td#left {
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahaulpa/images/capatilist-mice-1512-x-811-v2.jpg);
}

Yep tried that in the CSS..nothing happened. I have also tried to just put colour in the side bar and it doesn't seem to be working either...in fact no effect will take on the left hand side. Is there a bug? except catergories and archives....

http://oleuanna.co.uk/ not sure if viewing it will help you help me....but I am stumped. Is it because I use a ftp to load my files to my host? Though I can not see why or how...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
check the file permission, when I try to view the image itsely, I get a not found
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
use this
HTML Code:
td#left {
background: url('http://oleuanna.co.uk/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/capatilist mice (1512 x 811)(2).jpg') ;
}
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:48 PM
oleuanna

6 posts · Dec 2009
Juggledad you are awesome I have been baffled for days

Totally worked and now I know how to do it.....

Thanks big guy