Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Problem locating text and images with layer option in TinyMCE advanced

Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:59 AM
donfos001

2 posts · Jan 2010
Hope someone can help this relative newbie

I have recently installed Tiny MCE Advanced on my Atahualpa v3.4.4 site because I wanted to have better control on positioning of images and text on pages. I am trying to use the layer option with the new layer containing the text or image to achieve this. It works but with 2 problems.

Firstly
The position of the layer in the editor seems be aligned with the screen rather than the editor window. In other words if I try to arrange an image in the top left hand corner of my editor, I expect the the image to end up in the top left hand corner of the central area of my page(right of sidebar below the header). It doesnt do this however. Instead the image ends up in the top left hand section of the screen covering the sidebar and the header. Am I missing something here? I can move the image by trial and error to be correctly located but there has to be a better way.

Second issue

The footer of the page does not move to accomodate the growing page. When I add to the page until I reach the bottom it starts to cover up the footer with text and images. Why is this and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Don