Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Embedded Flash not visible

Old Jan 31, 2011, 07:35 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
WP 3.0.4.
Atahualpa 3.6.1.
Recently moved from 'Bytes for All' theme to 'Atahualpa 3.6.1'
Regularly we publish a post with an embedded flash slide show from photos on Picasa.
The embed code we get from the Picasa account. Of course we put the embed code in the WP HTML post editor. In the WYSIWYG post editor, the yellow rectangle is visible.
In the old theme no problems. In the Atahualpa theme however the slideshow is not visible after publishing.
There is an empty space in the post at the spot where the slide show is supposed to be. Right clicking on this open space gives the opportunity to change the properties of the flash player. However no slide show visible.
Disabling all plugins did not make any difference.
In earlier posts with an embedded flash slideshow, the slideshow is still visible.
We have a small community on this members only blog and this embed feature is very important to us.
We have limited knowledge of HTML

Last edited by martintim; Jan 31, 2011 at 07:39 AM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 08:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the url?
What is a sample of the code you insert
Old Jan 31, 2011, 09:24 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
The url is:
www.lionsvelsen.com
It is a members only site.
You can have temporary permission. [---deleted by jd ---]

The code I insert is:
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf" width="288" height="192" flashvars="host=picasaweb.google.com&noautoplay=1& hl=nl&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=https%3A%2 F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuse r%2FLionsvelsen.ict%2Falbumid%2F556764470970784019 3%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26authkey%3DGv1sRgCL7 E--OXyY3ztQE%26hl%3Dnl" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 31, 2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 11:56 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
Sorry Juggledad, the post was removed by the other webmaster. It is there again now, but the flash presentation still missing. (But the dropdown menu 'leden' 'profielen' disappears behind the invisible flash presentation.

(and I seem to have another problem too, the home page gives the message; not found, what you are looking for is not there. Pressing home resolves that
Old Jan 31, 2011, 12:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you have a plugin that was playing the slideshow?
Old Jan 31, 2011, 03:02 PM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
No, I don't. Not necessary.
See for example an older slideshow in a post of January 1st. That post was placed when still using the old BFA theme.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 03:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The code in the January post (Alpes d’HuZes bij Pauw en Witteman) is different from what you are now using.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:04 PM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
Yes, correct. That is code from a site from a tv station. (We do a fundraising project for the guy being interviewed in de program)
In the post of January 1st 'Nieuwjaarsduik Lions', I use the same code as in the new post with the flash problem. (only different photo album, but same Picasa account)
Old Jan 31, 2011, 06:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I get no slide show when I go to the post January 1st 'Nieuwjaarsduik Lions' - I see the text, and a big blank space

I also a NOT FOUND error on
HTML Code:
http://picasaweb.google.com/data/feed/api/user/Lionsvelsen.ict/albumid/5557328407173256209?alt=rss&kind=photo&hl=nl

could there be something wrong with the feed?

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 31, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:17 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
You are correct. The slideshow from the post on january 1st does not show up anymore either. (it still did yesterday. I deleted all my temp files from explorer and it does not show up anymore.)
The post from december 4th, 'Nog meer foto's van de BenP beurs' however still shows the slides.
There is a big difference between the code in the present post and the code which I get if I ask picasa to produce it again.
The new code is much less than the old code.
I did attach a file with the two codes. The top one is the new code, the bottom one is the code which is presently in the post of december 4th. (to my best knowledge I did only copy the code from picasa and pasted it in the post in december)
Can you make anything of that?
I did attach
Attached Files
File Type: txt Flash slideshow codes.txt (1.4 KB, 855 views)
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you check to see if the feed is actual working? I keep getting a 'Not Found' on
http://picasaweb.google.com/data/fee...nd=photo&hl=nl
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:00 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
If I click on the feed (I click the feed in your answer) I go to the album, however only when I am checked into my google account. If I check out, the feed also gives me a 'not found'.
All albums on our site however are set to be visible for everybody with the link. There is no difference in general between one album or another (the ones that still show the slideshow on our site)
The link to the album is: https://picasaweb.google.com/Lionsve...KL1tt3C3riaQg#
Old Feb 1, 2011, 08:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you can't see the link when not logged into google, then it's not a theme or wordpress issue. The link must be incorrect, maybe google changed something and you need another type of link. You will have to ask google that question.

But that is why the images are not showing, they link you are using will only allow logged in (to google) users to see it
Old Feb 2, 2011, 06:44 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
Hello Juggledad, I believe you may be correct in assuming that the feed is not correct anymore.
Apparently google did change something in the feed. That is why old posts still work with the flash and newer post do not (with the embedded flash from google. Other flash presentation do work fine (from youtube and others)).
If I know anything more, I will let you know. Thanks for all the effort.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:15 AM
martintim

9 posts · Jan 2011
Netherlands
We were not the only ones with this problem.
Google had a look into it and changed the code.
The slideshow embed code works fine again.