Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Textboxes for entering css code don't expand

Old Jul 26, 2009, 07:30 AM
Konzertheld

6 posts · May 2009
In Atahualpa 3.3, the boxes for entering css codes to style the different elements your way expanded when you entered more than one line. In 3.4, they are all limited to one line by default but don't expand - is that a bug or a feature? It's horrible to enter larger code blocks this way... when you try to insert multiline code only the first line is used, even if the multiline code is in the database already. So my additional css does not work any longer
Old Jul 26, 2009, 09:14 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Which blocks are you talking about?
Old Jul 26, 2009, 09:19 AM
Konzertheld

6 posts · May 2009
These:

Old Jul 26, 2009, 11:16 AM
Konzertheld

6 posts · May 2009
To clearify what I mean, I tried to insert one of the example code blocks:

Old Jul 26, 2009, 12:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of WordPress are you running? and what version of PHP?
Do you see any small lines in the bottom right corner? I have them and the boxes resize automatically.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:28 PM
Konzertheld

6 posts · May 2009
Small lines? No...

Wordpress 2.8.2
PHP 5
Firefox 3.5.1
Old Jul 26, 2009, 01:39 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
I had the same thing when I switched from 3.2 to 3.3! It was very frustrating (I kept having to select all the code in the text box and copy it to notepad so I could look at it in its entirety, then make changes to the code in notepad, copy it all, and paste it all back into the textbox!).

For some reason, the problem went away when I added the Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu plugin. Don't know why exactly; perhaps it was just the freeing up of a lot of the admin desktop real estate. In any case, suddenly the Atuhualpa textboxes began expanding on their own again.

Worth a try.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Konzertheld,
interesting in Firefox I also don't see the lines in the corner, but when I add a new line, the box expands - this is Firefox on the MAC
Have you tried in IE?
Old Jul 29, 2009, 01:06 PM
lhanft

88 posts · Jul 2009
Cleveland, OH
I had this problem and I was using Firefox. As I said, it went away when I installed the Ozh' Admin Drop Down Menu plugin.
Old Jul 31, 2009, 06:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what OS are you running? I just installed firefox 3.5.1 on Xp and I get multiple lines showing - i.e. when I enter a new ine, the box gets bigger.
Old Aug 12, 2009, 06:39 PM
Pula

1 posts · Aug 2009
Hello All...

I'm currently having the same issue as stated above...using FF 3.5 and Atahualpa 3.4.2...
(ODDLY enough this problem does not exist under the same build using Google CHROME and IE8...)

I Ran into this problem a while back with 3.4.1 when I INSTALLED the widget:wp-dtree-30
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-dtree-30/... uninstalled problem went away..

I have also read other posts which mention the Share This and Form builder plugin..(http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...?t=2456)...but this was addressed I believe in
Atahualpa 3.3ish....

I actually had/have Form builder and did not have the problem...but uninstalled anyway...just in case..

Removed ALL my plugins...still the problem exist...went back to a known good back up...still problem exists...

I'm beginning to think this is a browser(FF 3.5?) problem...again CHROME and IE8 work...

..added the Ozh drop down menu(nice app btw) and still not working in FF...Chrome and IE are still working no problem...

Help anyone?
P

Last edited by Pula; Aug 13, 2009 at 09:41 AM. Reason: added Ozh drop down menu...
Old Aug 13, 2009, 02:00 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The expanding text areas are done with Mootools and it is most likely an issue between Mootools and the jQuery of a plugin. If you have one browser where it works in then I suggest to use that one for now until it is fixed in a later Atahualpa release.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 10:07 AM
Seafoam

3 posts · Sep 2009
I'm new here, but thanks guys. I was having the same problem trying to cram a bunch of CSS attribs into the BodyStyle textbox (I'm using 3.4.1 and FF 3.5) but it works fine in Chrome.

Update - for perspective, here's my only other post so far which I found the solution:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?p=14525

I didn't know that you could grab those diagonal lines at the lower right of the textbox and drag them down to expand the textbox. When I did, I saw duplicate code that I didn't know was there, which was keeping it from working. I deleted it, and it's fine. Hopefully someone will see this if they're ever searching with the same problem

Last edited by Seafoam; Sep 13, 2009 at 10:37 AM.