Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Add new widget area - how do I change BG colour?

Old Sep 5, 2010, 11:32 PM
swoledge

4 posts · Sep 2010
Australia
Hi,
I added a new widget area to my site with four cells.I want to change the colour as at present it shows the background through the widget area.

The area I'm adding it to it the header - between my tagline and categories. Any help would be much appreciated!

My site is www.toxinfreefuture.com I've removed the new widget area until I can figure this out, but you'll see the background with the green design - it is what is showing and I want it all red as is the rest of the header area.

Thanks

Sue
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:28 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
When you add a new widget area you gave it a name such as New widget area. Since you created one with 4 cells you will have 4 new widget areas name New widget area 1, New widget area 2, etc. These will have CSS IDs of new_widget_area_1, new_widget_area_2, etc. You just use these IDs to style the widget area.

For more info just look through ATO>Add New Widget Areas
Old Sep 9, 2010, 04:49 PM
swoledge

4 posts · Sep 2010
Australia
Thanks for your reply Larry. I think I did try that and I've done a lot of searching, but I'll give another go when I've got some time. If I don't have any success, I'll be back for more help.

Cheers

Sue