Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

scared of updating - no child themes used

Old Jan 7, 2013, 07:11 AM
jcpcosta

32 posts · Oct 2012
Portugal
Hi there! I created a site using Atahualpa theme, however, I haven't created a child theme and made changes to base code. I'm isung multi site network and I'll need to clone this site several times. It turns out that I'm afraid of upgrading to latest version and lose the changes I and if I don't, I am afraid that someday there may be incompatibilities with some plugins, for example.
I read you said that it's not necessary to use child theme with atahualpa...but can I update it without losing work already done?
Thank you
Old Jan 7, 2013, 09:54 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You WILL lose changes you have made to any theme files if you upgrade. The theme settings however are stored in the database so they will be preserved in an upgrade. The items you would still have to deal with are the logo, header images, favicon files etc. that you have uploaded to a theme folder. They would need to be added to the newly created theme folders after an upgrade.

I use the manual upgrade method as described here.

As always be sure and make a backup of your site before upgrading.