Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Saving a Built theme?

Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:34 PM
awcguy

34 posts · Feb 2011
West Virginia
Send a message via AIM to awcguy
if I build a theme for a client or want to giveaway a theme.. how do I save all of the selections to make it a install and ready type website?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 06:44 PM
awcguy

34 posts · Feb 2011
West Virginia
Thanks for your response, how about images in header / logo

and custom css like adding widgets in the footer and header? will that code export?

can I pull the folder of the theme and place that in my clients wordpress install and retain images>
Old Mar 18, 2011, 07:03 AM
awcguy

34 posts · Feb 2011
West Virginia
Thanks!

Ok, so the missing element here is the custom php code for the widgets in the header and footer that would not be in the export. So I would have to manually redo that aspect.

Steps are then:

1. Export Css from the "Export/Import Settings" then Click on the "Export & Download Atahualpa Settings File" - save to my computer

2. Copy the Atahualpa Theme folder from the "Wp/Content/Themes/" - save to my computer

3. Copy & paste the Custom Php Code in the "Configure Header Area" and the "Footer:Content" area -- pasting the code from both sections into a notepad file.

-- Then on new host- Upload Theme folder, Import CSS and copypaste the custom code for header and footer back into the sections.

Does that sound right?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 09:55 AM
awcguy

34 posts · Feb 2011
West Virginia
Roger that, STB

I just did my plan here and the Widget code moved over..

Appreciate your assistance!